CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

saoralba

7th April 2019, 20:07
planks @60 - the problem is that I don't have the necessary G anywhere suitable in the grid, regardless of which S I choose. (Is there a choice?) The only G is in the title of the poem. Do I have an incorrect entry somewhere?

unclued @61 - yes, the eight words (two of them of only two letters) explain how to visualise the information in the structure. Like you, I doubled two Es and an M, which means that the elusive G doesn't have to be added to what's there.
71 of 113  -   Report This Post

unclued

7th April 2019, 20:34
Saoralba - how many letters make a face?

Planks - I used the third letter of 29ac for a G.
72 of 113  -   Report This Post

casanova

7th April 2019, 20:55
Managed to find the author and poem. Very difficult to find the poem, but I eventually found the titular character’s destination in that poem. Presumably you count the three extra letters in the15 highlighted cells.
73 of 113  -   Report This Post

casanova

7th April 2019, 20:58
You have to use the north-eastern corner as the point of view
74 of 113  -   Report This Post

unclued

7th April 2019, 21:02
Everything done but I’m still not sure which letters to reorientate in the grid. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks,
75 of 113  -   Report This Post

merenz

7th April 2019, 21:13
Phew! That was a hard slog but it has now all fallen nicely in to place. Thank you very much to you all, especially planks (the red herring backtracking helped me out a lot) and to foinaven (you encouraged me to read the entire poem to find the final destination). Now that I’ve finished it I’m tickled by the title. Thanks Emu. Some lovely clueing. More grid staring than usual but that meant even more rewarding clinks as the final pennies dropped.
76 of 113  -   Report This Post

merenz

7th April 2019, 21:53
Hi unclued. I’m not entirely sure what you mean by this? I think (?) the letters should be written in their usual orientation. The preamble doesn’t suggest they have to be written to be oriented for the final perspective
77 of 113  -   Report This Post

unclued

7th April 2019, 22:01
Merenz, I was confused (not difficult) by the use of the word “reprinted” in the extra words. I assumed that meant we have to rewrite some or all of the letters somehow.
Sorry if I’m leading everyone down the wrong path.
78 of 113  -   Report This Post

merenz

7th April 2019, 22:07
Unclued, I had ‘reprinted’ initially but eventually changed it to ‘on’ which made the extra words read better
79 of 113  -   Report This Post

unclued

7th April 2019, 22:33
Thanks Merenz. I’ll look at the extra words again. To me there is no obvious reason why “reprinted” is not surplus.
80 of 113  -   Report This Post