CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

elle

15th June 2019, 17:22
Good afternoon, Rusty!
I am now home again for the rest of the day.
And I am gutted to discover that I missed the highlights of a Diamond League in Oslo, earlier!
I had no idea that it was scheduled for showing today.
What sport did you choose to watch...... Le Mans, tennis, or the motor bike racing?
Which tennis tournament was it?
I know that Queens starts on Monday......
27781 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rusty

15th June 2019, 18:54
Good evening, Elle!
Well, I did not watch any sport.
I do not like motor car racing.
I think the tennis came from Nottingham.
Nature Valley tournament?
I'll have look at the golf later, but California time is 8 hours behind us which is a bit late here.
Royal Ascot next week, too!
27782 of 30765  -   Report This Post

chrise

15th June 2019, 18:59
Yes, it's a bit of a pain that the golf is in California. I think I might ignore it and just watch the reruns tomorrow and Monday. I did watch the "Miracle at Medina" to the end, though!

I was a bit surprised that Eurosport didn't have a "red button" option wo watch the cycling.
27783 of 30765  -   Report This Post

elle

15th June 2019, 19:51
Hi, Rusty!
I am shortly about to watch "The Voice Kids"......
I enjoyed last week's show.
The four coaches have a good rapport with each other ...and are wonderful with the children.
I was disappointed to miss the Athletics, but have since noticed that there is another DL being shown tomorrow, from Rabat, so I have already set the recorder for that.
What time is the golf on?
27784 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rusty

15th June 2019, 20:47
Good evening, Elle!
Was the "Voice Kids" good?
I did not see the athletics today.
The golf is on now until after midnight.
It's just about lunch time in California.
I was looking at the prize money.
The winner gets $2,250,000.
The player who comes 50th wins $29,000 !
A lot of money!
27785 of 30765  -   Report This Post

elle

15th June 2019, 23:05
Hi, Rusty!
Oh dear...... well I didn't get to see all of "The Voice Kids!"
I had a phone call around 9 o'clock, and so missed the last half hour of the show!
Normally, I would record a programme, just in case that scenario happened....
But I was already recording "Casualty" at the same time!
But I did see most of it......and yes, what I did watch was good!
You will be busy now watching the golf, as I write this.......
My word, what an incredible lot of prize money!
I think I went wrong somewhere in my choice of career!
27786 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rusty

16th June 2019, 09:28
Good morning, Elle!
Fine day here!
Yes, a lot of money in golf!
I retired long before yesterday's round finished.
I do not know your TV recording set up, but my Sky box records at least two programmes at the same time.
My son has Sky Q and can record up to 6 programmes at the same time!
Hope you enjoy your day out and I can't wait to hear how your daughter gets on with Outlook!
27787 of 30765  -   Report This Post

elle

16th June 2019, 10:27
Good morning, Rusty!
It is damp here...drizzly rain....
We are back from our walk, and I am just checking my mail....and grabbing a quick cup of coffee before getting changed for our outing.
No, I can only record one programme at a time on my Freeview.
All our appliances are very "basic"......which is just as well, as otherwise I should probably not understand how to operate them!
Daughter is coming back here after our lunch out, to take a look at my email account....
She says that she has been checking on "Outlook" ....it is used for her office business.....and the set up has indeed been vastly altered since the last Update.
But she is not sure whether she will be able to alter /delete any of these latest somewhat strange "ideas"!
If they "officially" come under Outlook's auspices, then they are all here to stay.....and I am stuck with them.
But she will take a look.....
Well, she is the one with the Software Engineering degree...who I am to argue!
Right, I must go and get ready....I don't know when I shall get back on the computer?
It will probably will be this evening, after my daughter has finished "solving", and the family has gone home!
Catch up later!
Have a lovely Fathers' Day!
27788 of 30765  -   Report This Post

elle

16th June 2019, 18:05
Hi, Rusty!
We went to the Toby Carvery...the two dads enjoyed their celebratory lunch!
As did the rest of us! We shall not need dinner tonight!

Now..... Outlook.....
My daughter says that the new format has been instigated by Outlook (something to do with "coding") and is unalterable by the "customer user".
(She thinks that many users will not even notice unless they use the system extensively, as I do.
Which would explain why there has not been a larger outcry?)
What Outlook has done is to store attachments in every possibly relevant folder, across the board.
The only way to eradicate them is to delete completely the emails to which they were originally attached.
This works fine with anything recent.......but the "old" attachments which have now been resurfaced cannot seemingly be deleted, if the emails to which they had been attached have already disappeared into the ether.
I am sure that if one searched hard and long and wide, one might find a means....but it doesn't appear to be necessary.
The new "attachments" folders can be safely just ignored, (daughter's advice!) if , like me, one has already "saved" the documents under other headings.
Meanwhile ....home on the range......the remainder of the email setup is now functioning as usual......and all seems set fair for the moment.
And all of us are shattered!
Our daughter and family have now left for home......

How about you?
How has your day been?
27789 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rusty

16th June 2019, 18:49
Good evening, Elle!
Been fine weather here today.
You seem to have had a fine day out!
I have had a quiet day.
My youngest son visited me in the afternoon, and my older son is coming to see me tomorrow morning.
This Outlook seems to be a right pig's ear of a system if it won't let you delete attachments, surely?
Are you going to keep it or try another one...or two?
27790 of 30765  -   Report This Post