CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

sudokulover

2nd April 2013, 09:51

dizoz

2nd April 2013, 10:02
hi, sudokulover, thanks for the confirmation on 11a - a noble gesture :-))
52 of 93  -   Report This Post

ixion

2nd April 2013, 12:54
Agree re 11A.
53 of 93  -   Report This Post

livs

3rd April 2013, 11:17
gk post 37, answering you belatedly:

I live on the south coast of England and I've been on the forum maybe 6 months - not sure.

I usually do the Grauniad Prize and Genius (don't bother if I find the Genius too 'tricksy' or, as someone here put it, if the work:fun ratio doesn't work for me).

I also do Private Eye and the 'i', including the puzzles in the back of the 'i': their word ladders gave me the confidence to do this Saturday's Prize, as I could never do those things as a kid but found I could do them in the 'i'.

We've spoken on the forum before - I think I was complaining about Java and you were complaining about the difficulties of getting your Grauniad subscription in the South of France!
54 of 93  -   Report This Post

james

3rd April 2013, 11:54
Hi everyone. The only problem I have is to do with 24A. I assume my answer is correct (nothing else will fit).

I*A*E etc

I can't for the life of me see the word chain leading to the answer. Can anyone give me a hint on the first word "Savers"?
55 of 93  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

3rd April 2013, 11:55
Right, livs, I'm with you now -- it's just my bad memory! I grew up in West Sussex,btw.
So we do similar puzzles (except Independent).
Mixed weather here now in Gascony.
And the same guy still buys the only copy of the G. before me every time I drive 30 miles to a little shop that has it !
If I understand correctly the RT is delayed for some reason this week?
56 of 93  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

3rd April 2013, 11:57
James: a completely different answer has been given for 24a, but I'm a
57 of 93  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

3rd April 2013, 11:57
James: a completely different answer has been given for 24a, but I'm a
58 of 93  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

3rd April 2013, 11:58
(continuation) afraid I can't help you there!
59 of 93  -   Report This Post

livs

3rd April 2013, 12:23
James, your answer for 24A looks the same as mine.

I never did go back and finish the last 2 word ladders, but I've just dug out my printed version and I have for 24A:

savers = (plural of) a type of account rather than the people who save

attendant on - no answer yet

queen - also part of the Thames

flag - a flower in the water

the other 'rungs' - nope!

I also can't get 1A 'colourist does his stuff to detectives'. Everything else fell into place, though with a couple of words I'd never heard of and an answer supplied by my crossword-hating husband when I was thinking only of synonyms for 'chapel'!
60 of 93  -   Report This Post