CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

1st August 2026, 14:48
I suspect that the R is wrong. I think it's an anagram
21 of 68  -   Report This Post

rafflesthegt

1st August 2026, 15:04
So, I’ve decided that 30a is my COD (amongst stiff opposition). It has taken me until now to satisfactorily parse it 🤦‍♂️

Flanges on tart in play - blart (5)
22 of 68  -   Report This Post

regeff

1st August 2026, 18:36
13/17 is mine Raffles!
23 of 68  -   Report This Post

rafflesthegt

1st August 2026, 19:27
Indeed Reg, when the great Book of Anagrams is written that one shall grace its frontispiece.
24 of 68  -   Report This Post

schmuck

1st August 2026, 19:58
Struggling a lot with my last four clues, I've got everything else:

27 across
30 across
2 down

With 13/19 I was sure I had it as APRHODITES EVOSTICK which is in the Profanisaurus and means 9 across, but 16 and 22 across which I'm almost certain are correct don't fit with this (also you can't have a word with an apostrophe in crosswords, can you?)
25 of 68  -   Report This Post

chrise

1st August 2026, 20:04
Hi schmuck
You need a different adhesive! Work it out from the anagram.
26 of 68  -   Report This Post

chrise

1st August 2026, 20:13
btw yes you can have apostrophes in crosswords. They are usually ignored in the enumeration, so APHRODITE'S would be given as (10) rather than (9'1).
27 of 68  -   Report This Post

schmuck

1st August 2026, 20:21
Thanks, I got it after a bit of googling (never heard of that particular adhesive). I got 27a as well as a result (again, never heard that term before...).

Still got no clue on 30a and 2d but I'm sure they'll come to me.
28 of 68  -   Report This Post

regeff

1st August 2026, 20:26
Schmuck

2d is a syonym for 9a - look closely at the clue.

As Chrise says, you've the wrong glue and can work it out from the anagram. It was a precursor to superglue.
29 of 68  -   Report This Post

schmuck

1st August 2026, 20:39
Thanks everyone, I think I have the full puzzle solved now.

Still not really sure of the wordplay in 30a though, but am I correct in thinking the definition is "blart" as a synecdoche?
30 of 68  -   Report This Post