CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

williamseal

2nd January 2023, 09:36
Thanks Matron

After all that bragging I'd got its wrong. Serves me right!
51 of 74  -   Report This Post

gitto

2nd January 2023, 10:25
I have thrown in the white towel on this one. After cutting and pasting for 11 different rod thicknesses I have gone dizzy from reading diagonals.
52 of 74  -   Report This Post

candledave

2nd January 2023, 10:47
Gitto - don’t give up, I thought you had the gist of the quote.

If so, can you see the first three letters of the phrase in the grid diagonally and then can you see the next three letters and so on….
53 of 74  -   Report This Post

gitto

2nd January 2023, 11:26
Thanks CD, all done now. I suppose it does help if you start at the right end of the bloody stick!!
54 of 74  -   Report This Post

gitto

2nd January 2023, 11:51
Quisling & Murky, I apologise for my Freudian Slip earlier. Purely unintentional as you can guess or else I wouldn't have wasted hours cutting, pasting and grid staring.
55 of 74  -   Report This Post

kitsune

2nd January 2023, 14:24
Happy new year to all! I have to admit to being a bit flummoxed by this one. I had all clues fully parsed and grid filled by lunchtime on Saturday. I’ve been grid staring since then, playing with scissors and sticky tape and have even built a “virtual stick” in MS Excel. But all to no avail, the final message still eludes me. Is anyone able to provide a gentle nudge to put me out of my misery?
56 of 74  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

2nd January 2023, 14:39
Gone ……

Note by Admin - Post amended, I was informed it gave too much away regarding the theme
57 of 74  -   Report This Post

kitsune

2nd January 2023, 16:00
Thank you, sudokulover. I should have spotted that one - clearly one sherry too many over Christmas!

(Not sure what was edited out but the edited comment is just enough of a nudge I think).
58 of 74  -   Report This Post

quixote

2nd January 2023, 16:36
Kitsune #56 -
if you still need help - and if this of mine doesn't get expunged by Norah - I'll just reiterate that cutting and wrapping isn't physically necessary - however the range of diameter of the virtual dowels, is, given the easily deducible initial distribution of down-clue starts, limited to very few possible values (all only approximately guessable); linked to an extremely limited number of exactly integral periodicity values (think M*******v for a paradigm...).
59 of 74  -   Report This Post

quixote

2nd January 2023, 16:47
- Sorry - in last I should have said '...down-entry starts...'

- maybe also 'D**a M*******v' as he was known to his mates.
60 of 74  -   Report This Post