CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

granama1

1st January 2023, 17:13
Thanks, Quixote. I did get there after abandoning the sticky tape and just looking for strings of diagonal letters that I guessed must be in the message. (Given the hints in the preamble it turned out to be exactly as expected, I just needed to 'reorientate my thinking'. 😄 ).
41 of 74  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

1st January 2023, 17:14
Quixote, I agree that the message can be read in the final grid as is. “Cutting and pasting” did, however, significantly help me in entering the down entries correctly. My, very limited, spatial imagination was really not up to the task without that help!
42 of 74  -   Report This Post

muraria

1st January 2023, 18:53
quisling, as someone who hasn't been involved in the debate over what constitutes allusions, direct or indirect, I only hope you will reconsider.
I really enjoy seeing your contributions which always seem to be given in a constructive and positive way......servare fidem.
43 of 74  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

1st January 2023, 20:24
Enjoyed this very much, as always with Kea. Nice to have a slightlier easier one after a few tricky ones.

2 loose ends for me - can't see the wordplay for the first half of 37 or the last 3/4 of 25.

Thanks

44 of 74  -   Report This Post

mathprofrockstar

1st January 2023, 20:32
Hi, smellyharry. For 37, a three letter word meaning a set of answers as in an exam, "abridged." 25 you want a two word expression meaning roughly, again with the last letter dropped.
45 of 74  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

1st January 2023, 20:40
Thanks mprs. All makes sense.
46 of 74  -   Report This Post

useby

1st January 2023, 21:27
Had a paradigm shift and it all became clear. A tricky way to finish off 22 and begin 23.
47 of 74  -   Report This Post

quixote

1st January 2023, 22:30
Yea - I bin splashing παραδείγματα around right through this *****in' thread.
48 of 74  -   Report This Post

williamseal

2nd January 2023, 08:22
Happy new year from the Norfolk sandbank. What a start. Completing a Listener without recourse to the forum and Arsenal top of the league.

A lovely puzzle and, to re-iterate, I enjoy them when sufficient clues can be cold-solved and the stretch is thereafter in theme. Thank you Kea.

I still can't parse 7 across, though I know my answer to be correct. Can anyone help?

Thanks
49 of 74  -   Report This Post

mattrom

2nd January 2023, 08:49
Williamseal, 7a. is an uncommon (to me) word for 'ruin' (verb), minus the first and last letters.
50 of 74  -   Report This Post