CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

drjax

1st October 2022, 08:08
I agree with JK - raced through this and was disappointed not to have more of a Maskarade challenge. Some clues clever but definitions were too obvious and I could write in then parse. I did have to look up the last bit of 7d but as a lass from Hullshire I was at least familiar with the name for the divisions across t’umber.
11 of 107  -   Report This Post

jono

1st October 2022, 08:10
Good fun I thought, like others I did have to check the spelling of some of long downs, but once they were in it was pretty straightforward. With just 24 clues this grid must have one of the lowest clue counts, when you consider most Guardian puzzles are in the 28-34 range.
12 of 107  -   Report This Post

teewens

1st October 2022, 08:10
Our first home was actually in 7. I remember that jigsaw JK. Found this to be pretty much a write-in but enjoyable for all that. Hoping the NLD is equally enjoyable later today. COYG!
13 of 107  -   Report This Post

rocky7

1st October 2022, 08:53
Hmm...what to say about this. Felt I was using Google a bit too much for some of the themed clues and possibly a few too many anagrams. Haven't parsed 6d yet. But very straightforward outside of the theme.

Think 14d would be my COD
14 of 107  -   Report This Post

pauly

1st October 2022, 08:54
Hmmm, never finished before 9am before. Had to look up some of the theme - spelling of 2 for instance.
Mostly too easy for a prize we thought.
FOI 4
COD 11
LOI 17.
:-)
15 of 107  -   Report This Post

justsolve

1st October 2022, 08:59
One bit of Googling required - for 7 down which I had not heard of TBH - but otherwise a pretty quick solve. Thank you to Masquerade and all who have posted, I usually come here looking for hints but today was a rare occasion when one wasn't needed!
16 of 107  -   Report This Post

sealionsteve

1st October 2022, 09:04
Rocyk7, 6d is an anagram from "limits of council" plus 13 other letters.
17 of 107  -   Report This Post

sealionsteve

1st October 2022, 09:08
Pauly, quite agree, good clues (especially x-ray girders, I thought) but the obvious theme made it too easy - although I can appreciate that non-UK residents would find it harder - just as I sometimes need help when I read U.S. books :-)
18 of 107  -   Report This Post

chrise

1st October 2022, 09:09
Well, that was easy! 3 of the 4 long ones were virtual write-ins from the obvious anagrams (once I managed not to read an R in "county"!). Favourite 11a.
19 of 107  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st October 2022, 09:23
Pleasant crossword and easy for a Guardian Prize, although I was stuck on 7 down far too long and was forced to Google
Maskarade's style today was familiar of his other puzzles as Doc in the Spectator. Favourite was 11a

20 of 107  -   Report This Post