CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

12th August 2022, 16:04
THE CLUES
Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer and details of any you already have. Special instructions or any additional information should be included.
NB - Hints only, please, no answers.

THE THEME
Requests may be made here for GENTLE NUDGES only towards the theme. GENTLE is tough to define, of course, but you should aim to give enough to help without revealing too much. Please do not reveal the theme itself under any circumstances.
Early finishers should avoid any allusions - jocular or otberwise - toi the theme.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
1 of 90  -   Report This Post

jordan

12th August 2022, 18:50
Neat work Quinapalus! Spent a bit of time down a very dead end but got there in the end. Many thanks.
2 of 90  -   Report This Post

simplesimon

12th August 2022, 21:19
Thank you Quinapalus. Very satisfying.
3 of 90  -   Report This Post

phil535

12th August 2022, 23:45
Stuck at 14 across which seems to have double consonants at the start. Am I wrong?
4 of 90  -   Report This Post

phil535

12th August 2022, 23:49
Whoops. Ignore the last. Now sorted
5 of 90  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

13th August 2022, 00:32
I've only done about a quarter but I had a double consonant at he start of 14 as well til I realised my mistake.
6 of 90  -   Report This Post

hotelwhiskey7

13th August 2022, 06:28
Of interest - well possibly - the order of the thematic items is the same in both the work and the theme.

I'm guessing deliberately as a sort of in-joke - unless it was buried in the subconscious of the creator. I'm keen to point out that this was Googled, rather than having any familiarity whatsoever with the work.

Anyway - thanks Quinapalus, for a nice, unambiguous puzzle.
7 of 90  -   Report This Post

gitto

13th August 2022, 10:37
I do have a full grid other than the thematics, whose answers (other than 24d) I know, but my problem is that I am finding the misprints more difficult than the clues - so I am floundering in the wilderness trying to fathom out what is going on.
8 of 90  -   Report This Post

gitto

13th August 2022, 11:07
Getting there slowly - I imagine that Brendan will be pleased with the highlighting.
9 of 90  -   Report This Post

planks

13th August 2022, 11:34
I have a full grid and after a while chasing what I presume to be a clever red herring, I have the theme. I am somewhat stumped by the final part of the preamble "alternate words etc". My total lack of knowledge of either version of the story may not help. Google here I come.
10 of 90  -   Report This Post