CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

24th June 2022, 16:04
THE CLUES
Requests for clues should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer, and details of any you already have. Any special instructions or additional information should be given. HINTS only, please, no answers.

THE THEME
Requests may be made here for GENTLE NUDGES only towards the theme. 'Gentle' is hard to define, of course- aim to give enough to help without revealing too much. Please do not reveal the theme under any circumstances.

The Listener is a unique puzzle, please treat it with the respect it deserves.

NB. If you feel a reply or a post is too revealing, please say so on the thread before contacting Admin.
1 of 216  -   Report This Post

jordan

24th June 2022, 18:47
It's a long time since my first trawl through the clues was this fruitless. Hope the rest of you are flying along.
2 of 216  -   Report This Post

malone

24th June 2022, 18:59
Jordan, I think many Forum members don't see the puzzle until Saturday - and I'm one of them. I hope all the Friday nighters crack on swiftly, without too many problems.
3 of 216  -   Report This Post

0pt0

24th June 2022, 19:02
Same here Jordan. My first trawl has produced two entries (23 and 31 across). A long hard struggle ahead I suspect.
4 of 216  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

24th June 2022, 19:57
Not a chance, Malone! Seven solutions found by the Irish Sea.
5 of 216  -   Report This Post

simond9x

24th June 2022, 22:07
Hm.... nearly 3 hours has yielded 2 definites and 2 possibles. For the latter 2, I can almost justify them but can't apply the rubrik. This one is difficult!
6 of 216  -   Report This Post

brendan

24th June 2022, 22:50
indeed, very difficult. On first pass I managed a grand total of three, but two of those clash! This is going to take some serious thought ....
7 of 216  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

25th June 2022, 00:11
Yep, 3 definites and one possible for me after an hour and a bit. Going to be a very long week....
8 of 216  -   Report This Post

mooncow

25th June 2022, 03:01
I’m glad it’s not just me then. First read-through of the clues yielded nothing, and several dead-ends from promising look-ups. A second pass gave me two solves, both extra-letter that can be entered into the grid, which is handy. Time for bed and fresh brain start tomorrow! The clues look promising, though, so I think it will be a good one, and what an interesting rubric.
9 of 216  -   Report This Post

brendan

25th June 2022, 03:23
My problem, thus far, has been with the "character has escaped into the grid" clues - I've solved a few of these but don't know where to put the 'escaped letter' within the answer. At least with the others the escaped letter is in the clue so you know which one to omit.

Still, very enjoyable and, as others have said, an interesting rubric.
10 of 216  -   Report This Post