CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

drxx

25th June 2022, 11:22
I still have to get the final twist to work but even getting to this point it's been a pretty messy affair.
brendan - yes, the escapees from the grid are easy to enter but those escaping from the clues into the grid can be anywhere in their entries (at either end or inside).
I think the clues should have been easier for something this complicated (and beware the 'work' - I know it and its strange title helped me, but it could hinder anyone unfamiliar with it).
11 of 216  -   Report This Post

brendan

25th June 2022, 12:20
Thanks Drxx, at least I know I'm on the right track (even if I've just left the blocks!) 🤔
12 of 216  -   Report This Post

quisling

25th June 2022, 14:21
I thought this was on a par with Twin a fortnight ago as far as difficulty and, as drxx observed, messy too. I hoped after a tough gridfill the endgame would be straightforward. Alas not. It took me nearly as long, not helped by choosing incorrect extra words. The preamble seems better in hindsight that it did while struggling to finish. Relieved to have it done, but can’t say I loved it
13 of 216  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

25th June 2022, 14:24
Just popping in to compare notes. Seven solved in a couple of hours last evening - no point carrying on after a half bot of Merlot, especially with this density of clue. Another five in an hour this afternoon. Just been summoned for chores by the Memsahib, so another hour later before we wander out for an early doors. Good luck all🤞
14 of 216  -   Report This Post

mandyrob0704

25th June 2022, 14:34
Haven't posted for a while but have appreciated the hints in some of the tougher ones recently. Quick question for those that have finished. The preamble refers to characters big letters escaping, does this mean sometimes it's more than one letter? And if so are they always together? Got about 12 answers entered but some clues just look impenetrable right now!
15 of 216  -   Report This Post

buzzb

25th June 2022, 14:36
I believe I am done but I think the endgame definitely is a GWIT (Guess What I'm Thinking) especially the bit about depicting the fate of the characters.

That's two really hard ones in the last three weeks....
16 of 216  -   Report This Post

drxx

25th June 2022, 14:37
It's only a single letter each time.
17 of 216  -   Report This Post

drxx

25th June 2022, 14:39
Agreed - and another joyless gwit (for me at least).
18 of 216  -   Report This Post

mandyrob0704

25th June 2022, 14:40
Thanks drxx
19 of 216  -   Report This Post

bananabean

25th June 2022, 15:51
I have a complete grid and I have found 2 of the characters that start at different edges. Does the third character start at a third edge?

Also do the initial letters of the extra words make a jumble of ADORARE?
20 of 216  -   Report This Post