CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tyke51

12th September 2021, 12:56
Well done Emma - the world is your lobster!
71 of 862  -   Report This Post

grunger

12th September 2021, 16:32
Paul

On reflection I forgive Emma. Her sloppy use of "me" instead of "I" followed the similar style in Jigjag's tennis clue. Clearly she must have seen the clue before going on court and decided to use it later.
72 of 862  -   Report This Post

malone

12th September 2021, 16:46
Jigjag, glad you don't mind the deduction in your score. It was good of you to come up with a timely clue, just a pity I took my eye off the ball and didn't spot that immediately.

The match was great, quite thrilling - and not quite as straightforward as the final score makes it appear. I didn't mind Emma's 'Me and Leylah... ' too much. I think my grammar might suffer if I had just been given a cheque for such a vast amount.
73 of 862  -   Report This Post

chrise

12th September 2021, 16:49
On a related note, in this part of east Lancashire, "I were" and "you was" is much more common than the other way round. Chambers would argue that it has become valid usage!
74 of 862  -   Report This Post

jigjag

12th September 2021, 17:01
Malone

I was surprised to receive a telegram from New York:

"Second name Yo. Please amend clue from U to You. Solution is 4,2,8. Yours clueingly, ER"
75 of 862  -   Report This Post

grunger

12th September 2021, 17:06
jigjag

Why has the Queen sent U a telegram? I thought U got one on 100th birthday. And I dont think she likes tennis, and so wont send anyone a message?
76 of 862  -   Report This Post

malone

12th September 2021, 17:31
Jigjag, thanks for your latest clue - I will tackle it once I have finished my current project. That one is a pleasurable task, deciding how I could (wlll) spend $2.5 million. (I've set aside a few hundred for you, by the way - for some state of the art jeans and a state of the art mobile phone.)
77 of 862  -   Report This Post

jigjag

12th September 2021, 17:37
Malone

That's very generous of you. I really must go to M&S for jeans and visit the market cafe.
78 of 862  -   Report This Post

grunger

14th September 2021, 10:39
Malone

I see that Emma wore a dress and trainers to the celebrations, and wore the same trainers on American TV. Perhaps you could allocate some of your 2.5m dollars for a pair of shoes for her. I like her jeans though - no rips - jigjag please note.
79 of 862  -   Report This Post

malone

14th September 2021, 19:39
Grunger,
Yes, I saw that Emma wore a dress and trainers - a bit odd, but probably healthier and safer than a pair of high heels. Her unripped jeans were pretty smart. I'm sure Jigjag will look just as fetching when (if?) he gets round to buying a new pair.

Jigjag.
I didn't solve your latest clue. I had a brief attempt the other day, then forgot about it. I have been a little distracted, trying to track down what I think is a new supermarket, perhaps just a small chain. My sister has sent me a few glowing reports on bread, coffee, pizzas, pastries etc. The phone line is always a bit crackly, I think the place she goes to now is called something like Artie San, Artie San's? Just yesterday she told me she'd had the most incredible goats cheese and sun-dried tomato quiche - when I asked where she'd got it, she said, 'You know, that Artie San place on the High Street, next to Poundland.'
80 of 862  -   Report This Post