CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tonynannini

1st August 2020, 12:18
Grid staring again for the last 15 letters to be highlighted for "the more gradual and safer transition ".
As they are symmetrically placed , they must either be in two crossing 8 letter words or phrases, or possibly three of 5.
Could someone put me out of my misery please. Once again, I'm spending longer on the endgame than the solve.
1 of 61  -   Report This Post

loge

1st August 2020, 12:43
Start with the word at the bottom, then look above it for a 5-letter word which is different by one letter, Repeat at regular intervals until you arrive at the top word.

e.g. a progression such as LAKES, LIKES, LINES, LINKS, WINKS.

I spent ages on the grid staring too and it spoilt what was otherwise an enjoyable, but hard, puzzle.
2 of 61  -   Report This Post

tonynannini

1st August 2020, 12:52
D'oh. Thank you loge.
3 of 61  -   Report This Post

jogamel

1st August 2020, 13:24
I think you are so on the ball. I feel I’ll never be to your standard of ability.
But can one if you at least tell me what the Moveable letter is In, say, 25d (waste of wood - was raised stud liable) as I have an answer without knowing what I have moved.
4 of 61  -   Report This Post

loge

1st August 2020, 13:38
The I in liable moves down 2 places, Jogamel.
5 of 61  -   Report This Post

jogamel

1st August 2020, 13:45
Well I must be dense because I cant see, still, where to move the ‘l ‘ to....
6 of 61  -   Report This Post

loge

1st August 2020, 13:54
That's I for India, not L for Lima! They both look the same in lower case so sorry for any confusion
7 of 61  -   Report This Post

jogamel

1st August 2020, 13:54
Aaa. My bad as they say...
8 of 61  -   Report This Post

jogamel

1st August 2020, 14:04
Can you help with39a?
Was compatible disc one that’s remixed with sustained hush (6) I have SIS???
9 of 61  -   Report This Post

loge

1st August 2020, 14:18
That's one of the "problem" rows. The entry is a real word but you have to knock off the first three letters of the answer before putting it in. A more common def for the answer would be "was composed (of)".
10 of 61  -   Report This Post