CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

krauton

8th May 2020, 15:38
Thank You
2 of 82  -   Report This Post

merenz

8th May 2020, 16:13
Thanks again tatters. It has become a weekly ritual for me to applaud you on Fridays at 16:10.
3 of 82  -   Report This Post

drxx

8th May 2020, 23:06
Thanks again, tatters - lots to do and lots of fun (no complaints from me).
4 of 82  -   Report This Post

mattrom

9th May 2020, 00:37
Thanks, Tatters.
Can I have some clarification as to the preamble?
"Each down clue needs a letter moved before solving". I initially took this to mean that one letter in a word would move position within that word, to give a different meaning. It looks like the letter is actually removed.
5 of 82  -   Report This Post

mattrom

9th May 2020, 00:40
OK, I think I just got it. The letter moves to a different part of the clue, but not in the same word.
6 of 82  -   Report This Post

tatters

9th May 2020, 00:46
Grrr. Got the source/author and probably the weapon and its final location but way too many unsolved clues to go much further. A bit beyond my ability I think.
7 of 82  -   Report This Post

brendan

9th May 2020, 00:46
Hi Mattrom,

I read it to mean the letter moves to a different part of the clue.
8 of 82  -   Report This Post

brendan

9th May 2020, 01:24
You've got further than me, Tatters - I've only managed to solve about a quarter of the clues so far. I had high hopes when I got the 13 letter 40a early on, but alas, it proved to be something of a false dawn.
9 of 82  -   Report This Post

tatters

9th May 2020, 08:47
40a was my first too. I was lucky in that the only 7 down clues I could solve were in the bottom 10 and the source sort of leapt out at me. The twelve extra missing letters I got may have given clarity to the remaining clues but little else. I have about fifty empty cells which is probably a few more than Dysart intended!
10 of 82  -   Report This Post