CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jigjag

9th October 2019, 12:53
Malone

I like the female ending in a Times clue today - I didn't know there was one
891 of 2514  -   Report This Post

chrise

9th October 2019, 12:59
One for you (not!) malone in today's Guardian

Brief note after sex (4-2)
892 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

9th October 2019, 13:35
ChrisE, you're right, that clue didn't impress me - but thank you for sharing.

Jigjag, I've always known Ogress... but I don't know how or why! I think 'ogre' is relatively common in everyday language, but I've never heard anyone actually say the word 'ogress'.
893 of 2514  -   Report This Post

jigjag

10th October 2019, 16:45
Malone

Pleased that you got another tennis clue in Times today. Wasn't sure if it was accurate.
894 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

10th October 2019, 16:58
Jigjag

I saw the clue and thought 'this one must relate only to tennis, surely?' I then realised I knew nothing about badminton, squash and maybe other relevant sports!
895 of 2514  -   Report This Post

jigjag

11th October 2019, 12:34
Grunger

Did you watch Question Time last night? There was a discussion about eating snacks on public transport, and a female MP said that they would not be able to ban eating pies in Wigan. I know you have dabbled in Politics, you like pies and have mentioned Wigan. A strange thought crossed my mind...................

896 of 2514  -   Report This Post

grunger

11th October 2019, 12:56
Jigjag

No it wasn't me. It was Lisa Nandy MP MP MP. Member of Parliament, Meat Pie, Mushy Peas.

She is very critical of junk food and obesity, but likes the occasional pie. She is very popular in Wigan

897 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

12th October 2019, 11:13
Jigjag

I think the setters have been looking in on our posts here. From today's Times Jumbo Cryptic...

24 D. Arrange fielding position for critical moment of match (3,5).

Good to have a clue that features the interests of both of us!
898 of 2514  -   Report This Post

jigjag

13th October 2019, 19:53
Malone

Sorry for delay in replying - I have been in Scotland for a couple of days - first visit for many years.

Yes I like the clue - interesting sports crossover.

I agree some setters certainly look at this thread - and I am sure they will continue to goad you on cricket, SA/IT etc.
899 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

14th October 2019, 13:58
Jigjag

I wonder if we should try to come up with a PU code, so that any onlookers aren't privy to our deepest, darkest thoughts - and my rantings about sex/SA/It. We'd have to do it telepathically, of course! I haven't even looked at today's puzzle, so don't know if there's anything there to delight or displease me. I'll go off now to have a look...
900 of 2514  -   Report This Post