CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

2nd September 2019, 16:16
Jigjag, good luck in your quest for gainful employment. Much as I enjoyed the story of your interview, my mind wandered off on the topic of 'chambers', rather than 'maids'. The designation 'chambermaid' seems so totally archaic nowadays, I can see why many hotels have switched to 'Housekeeping' or 'Housekeeping Services'. This also lead to me wondering about male cabin crew - were they ever referred to as 'air hosts'? H'mm, I expect not - though in some respects that would have been a natural progression.

I think you're definitely a 'people person' as you've got on so well with Ivor Burger, Ivan Apple and so on. If you ever need a character reference, just let me know...
781 of 2514  -   Report This Post

grunger

2nd September 2019, 16:34
Jigjag

I enjoyed the story. If you have not got enough experience, perhaps Mrs J will allow to do some household chores, making beds, cleaning bath/shower, vacuuming etc.

I am sure you will get a lot of satisfaction from it, and this will stand you in good stead for your next interview.
782 of 2514  -   Report This Post

tyke51

2nd September 2019, 19:42
Grunger

Yes ASSESS seems to be a favourite with setters ( not sure about other breeds )

On the 1st day of the Headingley Test I was travelling home from Scarborough where I`d had a lovely week watching Yorks play Notts.

I watched the Test on tv - I still can`t believe what Sir Ben did to win us the game - with a brilliant innings of `one` by Leach in support!

Looking forward to Old Trafford on Wed - sure to be another cracker, plus the final Test at The Oval.
783 of 2514  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd September 2019, 19:45
I'm afraid there's quite a lot of rain in the forecast for Lancashire for the next few days.

However, it seems that we don't need 5 days to complete a test match nowadays!
784 of 2514  -   Report This Post

tyke51

2nd September 2019, 19:53
Unusual to get rain in Manchester!

I agree that most Tests rarely need a fifth day - mainly because batsmen can`t bat for long periods (thus wearing out the opposition bowlers) due to limited overs cricket.

Hope the weather relents as we need to win both tests to regain the Ashes 🤞
785 of 2514  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd September 2019, 19:55
Wouldn't a win and a draw do, tyke?
786 of 2514  -   Report This Post

tyke51

2nd September 2019, 20:00
You`re right of course Chrise - my Grammar School education letting me down again!

I`ve still not recovered my composure after the Headingley game.
787 of 2514  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd September 2019, 21:07
Don't knock grammar schools, tyke - my education too!
788 of 2514  -   Report This Post

grunger

3rd September 2019, 11:19
Tyke

Yes I am sure it will be a good match. I am going to the first day
789 of 2514  -   Report This Post

tyke51

3rd September 2019, 11:46
Grunger

Hope you enjoy your day at Old Trafford - 10.30 am start I imagine (being September) so the first hour will be difficult for batting.

Chrise

The Grammar School education we received in the 1960s was great for working class kids like myself - it gave us a chance to make the best of whatever abilities we had, experience University life, and have a successful career.
790 of 2514  -   Report This Post