CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

21st December 2018, 15:30
Charlesberg, the definition for 4 D is in Chambers - defined as an Australian term meaning 'to impose on', which fits perfectly. The first word is the central European, the second you've got.
61 of 65  -   Report This Post

unclued

21st December 2018, 15:30
Charles, the Pole is the Central European and then the usual word for professor omitting the D. 14ac is hidden with ogre as the extra word.
62 of 65  -   Report This Post

malone

21st December 2018, 15:34
Unclued, I think Charles must have confused the numbers slightly - his other query seems to refers to 16 A.
63 of 65  -   Report This Post

ginge

21st December 2018, 15:35
Hi charlesberg, if you mean 16 rather than 14 across then you're spot on. Re 4d, I have checked word wizard and it only gives the 1 possibility which is defined in Chambers exactly as written in the clue.
64 of 65  -   Report This Post

charlesberg

21st December 2018, 15:44
Thank you both, that is a huge weight off my mind. Sometimes you get an idea in your head and can't see past it! I had reconciled E with European and couldn't for the life of me work out how POL represented central... Thank you also for 14, it was a typo and I meant 16 as the gemstones, but 14 was a shaky one as well so glad to have that confirmed. In case I don't get round to this week's before Tuesday, I hope everyone on the forum has a lovely Christmas and thanks for that various nudges throughout my first full year of Listeners!
65 of 65  -   Report This Post