CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

gem94

16th December 2018, 20:43
Yes to the cutting, and folding to get the correct things to highlight. You might then unfold to fill in name address etc and I imagine submitting folded or unfolded in the envelope would be ok.

And yes the blank grid has been done, possibly more than once, Listener 4430 almost exactly 2 years ago if you have access.
41 of 65  -   Report This Post

buzzb

16th December 2018, 22:20
Use a Pencil by Ploutus (#3309) is the classic blank entry puzzle. Anyone have a copy?
42 of 65  -   Report This Post

merenz

16th December 2018, 22:51
Thanks Gem. I’d better get the scissors out... possibly a Stanley knife (well it was his second name). Alas, I don’t have access to the historical puzzles. But I do have a book of Listener Crosswords gathering dust somewhere (just checked and it’s going for £45 on Amazon!). Perhaps the ‘use a pencil’ one is in there. I’ll dig it out and have a look. Might see if I can complete a few in those wonderful sedentary days between Christmas and new year.
43 of 65  -   Report This Post

gitto

17th December 2018, 08:42
I've been away for the weekend and my (un)reliable friend forgot to buy the times for me on Saturday. Could someone please send me an electronic copy to andywish@sky.com ?
44 of 65  -   Report This Post

bambi123

17th December 2018, 08:57
Have just emailed
45 of 65  -   Report This Post

gitto

17th December 2018, 09:34
Bambi123, thankyou very much.
46 of 65  -   Report This Post

gitto

17th December 2018, 09:41
And many thanks to Smartie as well.
47 of 65  -   Report This Post

merenz

17th December 2018, 09:57
Just had a look through my listener Crosswords book. Alas Use a Pencil by Ploutus is not included. But blow me down if there isn’t a puzzle in there by our very own Meursault. At least I’m assuming it’s you Meursault?
48 of 65  -   Report This Post

meursault

17th December 2018, 11:20
Hi Merenz. Separate individuals. When I chose a username for this forum, I'd forgotten that there was a setter by the same name. No confusion intended.
49 of 65  -   Report This Post

williamseal

17th December 2018, 11:39
Thanks to the most useful hint from turast I was able to complete this crossword. Since this would not have been possible without the hint I will not submit.

Ironically I am now completing a polemic - working title "False witness in the 21st century" in which I examine the new range of scams available over the internet.

Could I take this opportunity to thanks all who have offered assistance via this thread over the year?. I will never be in the first division but the Listener offers a stimulating challenge . It stops me getting in the way at home and keeps the brain active.

Could someone elaborate on the 'two threads' idea mentioned below?

Best regards for the festive season
50 of 65  -   Report This Post