CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cockie

2nd December 2018, 17:34
As usual - no sooner had I posted than I found the second. Maybe that makes it worth the ten hours after all.
61 of 188  -   Report This Post

wakeling

2nd December 2018, 17:34
I'm still slogging away at this, with much gratitude for the hints and helps. Meursault - I may be wrong (hardly unusual) but you may want to have another look at your answer to the Egos clue.
62 of 188  -   Report This Post

meursault

2nd December 2018, 17:43
Thank you Wakeling. I'd somehow chosen an obsolete version of Geo.

So if Vying hangs off Attractively, and Owing intersects with Vying : what across answers can fit between Attractively and Owing ? Maybe Eten, but for the 3 rows above are all the O,W and I unches ?

Cockie, I struggle with the anti-robot stuff as well, but if it helps resolve the spam problem the site has been suffering from, then it's in a good cause...
63 of 188  -   Report This Post

wakeling

2nd December 2018, 18:21
Meursault, I must admit I am still stumped. I have been experimenting with using the answer to Man watching... in the gap, but that means Attractively going to the left. I need to make supper soon....
64 of 188  -   Report This Post

meursault

2nd December 2018, 18:22
So if Vying hangs off Attractively, and Owing intersects with Vying : what across answers can fit between Attractively and Owing ? Maybe Eten, but for the 3 rows above are all the O,W and I unches ?

Are the 12-letter words in columns 5 & 9 ? If not, where ?

I have to say that I'm back to the point where I came in this week. Sometimes the Crossword Help Forum is less than helpful. Ironic in that I'm not often asking for help, usually the other way around. And not just helping people when I've recently compleated the puzzle, but often for days after. Disappointing, really.
65 of 188  -   Report This Post

unclued

2nd December 2018, 18:35
I agree Meursault. I have pyrotechnist in column 5 and am still not convinced it should be there.
It would surely be OK for someone to give confirmation of the column positions for the 12 letter words. Even with that information there will be many hours of slog afterwards.
Any offers?
66 of 188  -   Report This Post

essira

2nd December 2018, 18:43
Mersault - I for one am not withholding help, I can't help! I am still looking for about 14 answers and losing the will to live!!
67 of 188  -   Report This Post

bananabean

2nd December 2018, 18:43
No one has told me the answer to this yet.

Is the 8-letter across word ending in T higher in the grid than the one ending in E?

Please?
68 of 188  -   Report This Post

mandyrob0704

2nd December 2018, 18:52
Yes Bananabean the one ending in t is Much higher in the grid
69 of 188  -   Report This Post

mandyrob0704

2nd December 2018, 18:54
I have a full grid but can’t work out the end game and have a lot of the misprints missing so a bit of grid sharing to do but for once can help out with clues etc
70 of 188  -   Report This Post