CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

crates

29th November 2018, 13:48
Start points first clue - 4 is rad 1 and 5 is rad 15
91 of 96  -   Report This Post

charlesberg

29th November 2018, 13:50
Thanks both, that's really helpful! Hopefully I can push on now. fingers crossed it gets easier towards completion as some others have already said.
92 of 96  -   Report This Post

charlesberg

29th November 2018, 16:00
It appears I have now got myself further in the mire with the incorrect sequence of three letters for ring 3 q1! I have two options, one that works for some of the radials (still missing some) but not the definition, and one that works for the definition but not any of the radials! Should that particular clue be interrupted? This certainly isn't my week! If anyone could have pity on me with another nudge that would be greatly appreciated.
93 of 96  -   Report This Post

meursault

29th November 2018, 16:22
Hi Charlesberg, begins with L
94 of 96  -   Report This Post

charlesberg

29th November 2018, 16:31
Thank you. I had got the right one, it was just a case of needing to take a step back. Had convinced myself where one of the holes was in ring one and that made a whole lot of nonsense words! Have now sorted the error and am finally crawling over the line (even limping is a bit strong!)
95 of 96  -   Report This Post

buzzb

15th December 2018, 01:38
For those who care, this is what the posted solution says:

The grid represented a target in a shooting gallery, with each radial entry being an Inward or Outward shot and every letter O in a radial answer representing a bullet hole. The extra letters in wordplay for ring entries gave the Roman numerals IVXLCD (reading inwards), implying M for the bull, so each O scored 1, 5, 10, …, 1000, according to which ring it was in. The Inward total included two 500s, for the two shots that landed in the same place, from radial entries 13 and 14.

In particular the only accepted final score was 3122 to 2085
96 of 96  -   Report This Post