CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

planks

24th November 2018, 15:18
Even though I am making painfully slow progress completing the grid, I twigged the theme quite early on. Assuming that I am correct I still have absolutely no idea what the extra letters are supposed to mean - I guess that's my p that hasn't dropped yet.
11 of 96  -   Report This Post

planks

24th November 2018, 15:29
It might help if I identified the correct extra letters!
12 of 96  -   Report This Post

dylan

24th November 2018, 15:32
Cockie, are you saying that the 7 letter radials don't have to agree when they reach the central circle? I assumed it would be a single common end-letter for all of them
13 of 96  -   Report This Post

murky

24th November 2018, 15:40
Dylan, I don't know if you have filled the grid, but if you haven't I really wouldn't worry at this stage about the central circle. If you have filled it, then give some thought to what the grid represents and why the extra letters are as they are.
14 of 96  -   Report This Post

s_pugh

24th November 2018, 16:00
Thanks Murky, I think I get where you're coming from, and had even briefly entertained the idea as I happen to have a similar item on my kitchen wallboard (though the numbers are rather more mundane). If that is all there is to it then I'm singularly underwhelmed! I must be missing something surely ...
15 of 96  -   Report This Post

wakeling

24th November 2018, 16:19
s_pugh - I think it's the sort of gallery one might find in a funfair, for instance, and probably not the same as you have in your kitchen(unless your family are all very understanding).
16 of 96  -   Report This Post

s_pugh

24th November 2018, 16:35
Made me chuckle Wakeling - don't worry I don't have the whole gallery in the kitchen (it isn't big enough) , just the centrepiece as it were. I'd have trounced Inward and Outward too, think they must have been drinking first!
17 of 96  -   Report This Post

cockie

24th November 2018, 16:45
You are right, dylan, it's the same letter occurring each time, but you have to write it down separately for each word requiring it (otherwise you won't reach 16).
18 of 96  -   Report This Post

planks

24th November 2018, 16:57
I have seven scores on one side and nine on the other, is that correct?
19 of 96  -   Report This Post

wakeling

24th November 2018, 16:57
s_pugh - you must be right - especially with the range possible in a modest kitchen (not counting the Aga).
20 of 96  -   Report This Post