CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

charlesberg

1st July 2017, 21:54
Thoroughly enjoyed this one and have managed almost the entire grid with only one quick glance at the forum. I have however come to an impasse with two unchecked letters to complete. Have two words which I cannot seem to find anything to fit what I have. Currently have 29d ELNA? and 40a ?TTY. Any help greatly appreciated as always.
51 of 54  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

2nd July 2017, 11:02
Hi

In 29d your n is wrong it should be an I. The answer relates to the work of a well known (at least in cryptic crosswords!) critic.

40a is a British painter

Entity is being. Ego is I to be removed leaving N as the extra letter for the instruction.
52 of 54  -   Report This Post

charlesberg

2nd July 2017, 19:51
Thank you very much! Proper noun explains the lack of dictionary help for the painter. As for the other I am still none the wiser I am afraid. I had removed the wrong number from the across anagram for the incorrect n. (i for roman 1, rather than n for number) but I am afraid my knowledge of critics and their works is letting me down. Is the answer in chambers?
53 of 54  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

2nd July 2017, 21:20
Yes it's in chambers. If you replace your n with the i you should find it pretty quickly
54 of 54  -   Report This Post