CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

djawhufc

24th June 2017, 17:53
I agree Meursault. I have 6 felt tips and they'll have to suffice!
21 of 54  -   Report This Post

fgsltw

24th June 2017, 18:08
Please can someone help me with the 5th jumble? Also the thematic item eludes me still. Please help. Thanks.
22 of 54  -   Report This Post

dryden

24th June 2017, 18:17
The fifth jumble is similar in appearance to the first, and is associated with BREAD; it can also be prefixed to -CUP If you check Chambers you should find its partner easily.
23 of 54  -   Report This Post

s_pugh

24th June 2017, 18:24
And there was me thinking you'd only have two - claret & blue! ;¬)
24 of 54  -   Report This Post

fgsltw

24th June 2017, 18:26
Thanks. Got the fifth jumble but can't find which clue it matches with. Also no clearer on the extra item yet.
25 of 54  -   Report This Post

fgsltw

24th June 2017, 18:39
OK matched it up. Now just stuck on thematic item.
26 of 54  -   Report This Post

s_pugh

24th June 2017, 18:42
Once you have the 18 letters (and bearing in mind it goes down to 15 letters it isn't hard to guess what the three are) I found the solution by getting "list of x's" on Wikipedia and then just searched on the 3 letters followed by a hyphen (as earlier intimated). It should bring it up.
27 of 54  -   Report This Post

theragman

24th June 2017, 20:55
Once more I found the preamble for this puzzle misleadingly worded. Probably just me being dim about it, but the wording "each (unjumbled word) indicates how ONE thematic answer must be entered" led me at first to think that only one grid entry was to be adjusted! And based on the jumbles all being colours I thought PIPER, being "pied" was the obvious choice and its letters were to be entered in different colours... Yes I know, ridiculous, but I still think the wording could have been more explicit by saying ".....unjumbled words indicate how a number of thematic answers must be entered", or something similar. A nice puzzle though.
28 of 54  -   Report This Post

gitto

24th June 2017, 21:00
Hi Meursault, All sorted now, once I figured out the thematic jumbles I easily found the 2 words I had incorrectly identified, and a couple of incorrect letters as well! Just need to find some crayons now. I've never heard of the 18 letter thematic answer - but thank goodness, google has!!
29 of 54  -   Report This Post

carpox1

24th June 2017, 21:25
I'm always finding ambiguity. Is it that the cells are to be shaded, or is it that the letters (characters) of the light are to be entered in the associated colour (shade)?
30 of 54  -   Report This Post