CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

10th October 2026, 01:27
Indeed Swarbrules, a truly inspired bit of setting by Philistine.
11 of 44  -   Report This Post

ilippu

10th October 2026, 02:10
Thanks Philistine.
Excellent.

7,8 COD.
2d runner up (Messing with Richard Gere before I saw it :-) )

Other likes:
10a, 18a, 12d, 14d, 20d/21d
12 of 44  -   Report This Post

geeker

10th October 2026, 02:15
11 deserves some praise as an unusual example (trying to avoid spoilers) of its type.
13 of 44  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

10th October 2026, 02:16
Agreed, think 7/8 outstanding.
14 of 44  -   Report This Post

ilippu

10th October 2026, 02:26
Rosa Klebb in FT.
15 of 44  -   Report This Post

rocky7

10th October 2026, 07:36
Definitely a faster solve than norm. I'm with geeker on too many gimme clues for a prize. But what the hell, very enjoyable all the same.

Had to look 11a up as it had to be the answer but I didn't know the word. A very well conceived clue though.

FOI 5d. LOI 1d. Hard not to go with the flow and take 7,8 as COD.

From windy Puglia, have a good Saturday all.
16 of 44  -   Report This Post

chrise

10th October 2026, 08:13
Very rapid finish. I didn't like 9a - "keep" seems wrong.

I'm a bit confused by 13d. Which part is the definition? If it's "clay oven" there's a letter too many.
17 of 44  -   Report This Post

rocky7

10th October 2026, 08:17
Sort of with you there chrise on 13d. I just wrote in the answer and moved on without really thinking any more about it.
18 of 44  -   Report This Post

jono

10th October 2026, 08:18
I think 13d is ok , Chris. It’s a variation on an anagram where only first letters need to move.
19 of 44  -   Report This Post

jono

10th October 2026, 08:22
I thought there were some nice touches in this, though as others have said perhaps a little too straight forward for a prize. Yesterday’s puzzle by Pasquale was more of a challenge.

I will go back and do Thursday’s Brockwell now which I missed due to Spectator duties.
20 of 44  -   Report This Post