CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

buzzybee

20th August 2026, 05:17
Thought this the best Speccie for quite some time. The various parts of the preamble to disentangle put it almost up to Genius level, methinks.
1 of 40  -   Report This Post

malone

20th August 2026, 08:22
I've had only a quick glance at this.I was pleased to see the apology for last week's heinous error. I wasn't quite so pleased to see both sets of clues were marked as 'Across'- is there a reason for that, or is it just a slip-up?
2 of 40  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

20th August 2026, 08:26
Thanks Malone
I never even noticed the apology or the error! Perhaps I should be forcibly retired as well.
3 of 40  -   Report This Post

malone

20th August 2026, 08:38
Thanks, BuzzyBee. Will37 mentioned the apology earlier - then apologised for putting it on the wrong thread! It's on 2764, rather than 2765.
4 of 40  -   Report This Post

hounds

20th August 2026, 11:25
Yes indeed, quite a refreshment!
5 of 40  -   Report This Post

kirky

20th August 2026, 13:05
Help please with the endgame...
6 of 40  -   Report This Post

kirky

20th August 2026, 13:40
I can see possibilities for 5 of the components if i have the correct 8th word but not necessarily the other 2?
7 of 40  -   Report This Post

hounds

20th August 2026, 15:18
Kirky it sounds like you are on the right lines - I wonder if there might be errors in your two non-yielding answers?
8 of 40  -   Report This Post

jono

20th August 2026, 15:29
I can’t resolve 28a and 5a, my crossing letters suggest similar words, one the plural of the other
9 of 40  -   Report This Post

malone

20th August 2026, 15:31
Jono,my 28, singular, is suggested by a surplus word in 36 D...
10 of 40  -   Report This Post