CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

buzzybee

22nd August 2026, 21:47
No it is the 8th word that must be shaded
31 of 40  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

22nd August 2026, 22:02
And now you must find the other similarly clued "ingredients" of that 8th word.
32 of 40  -   Report This Post

egill

23rd August 2026, 06:58
Fair do's Gerba. Or give the prize to the person who won it last time!
33 of 40  -   Report This Post

blackcat5

24th August 2026, 02:47
Well I'm all done now. Admit I was looking for ingredients of a pizza for quite a while! But I still can't see the surplus word to which 19D relates to. And that's a pretty unusual word.
34 of 40  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

24th August 2026, 02:53
19D telates to the extra word on 7D. Look up the dictionary def of 19D.
35 of 40  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

24th August 2026, 03:06
Sorry Fat Finger on Phone Syndrome
36 of 40  -   Report This Post

blackcat5

26th August 2026, 02:15
Thanks Buz. Yes I scrutinised each little word of 7D. And penny dropped.
37 of 40  -   Report This Post

champchump

2nd September 2026, 11:08
New here, plus fairly new to Spectator puzzles, I am really struggling with this one. I've not even managed to solve enough regular clues to give much help. I think I can guess that spurious words are adjectives but it's not helping.

Reading all the above has just convinced me this one may be above my level (oh, the shame). 41 looks to me to be the proper name of a family of ...famous people. Surely not...

I've not got some clues I feel I should have, either!

Thats my confession.
38 of 40  -   Report This Post

jono

2nd September 2026, 12:08
ChampChump, don’t be too hard on yourself. As was said at the start of the thread this was at the trickier end of Spectator puzzles.

Don’t expect the unclued lights to have anything in common; as the preambles states it’s what they contain that ties them to the eighth light.

I think I know what you are thinking regarding 41, but no it’s not that! It’s a word in Chambers of Aboriginal origin. It has something in common with 19d.
39 of 40  -   Report This Post

champchump

8th September 2026, 23:54
Sorry, I lost this thread and was away, so only just returning to the fight for a final attempt. At least 2767 has been easier.

Thank you.
40 of 40  -   Report This Post