CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

25th August 2026, 20:03
19 Brocade, material. Cad, arse, bad person, inside anagram of Robe.

22 Shred, piece, little bit. Sh, quiet, be quiet and Red, leftwinger

24 Garbo, Old Hollywood star, Greta Garbo. Bo is is the stink after Gar wihch is Rag, tabloid, reversed (flipping).,

14 Toadstools
Some of these may have been answered before, it's a long thread.
71 of 79  -   Report This Post

ceffi

26th August 2026, 18:48
Thanks Malone.
72 of 79  -   Report This Post

walrusboy63

31st August 2026, 02:39
Arguably one of the worst, least enjoyable Eye Xwords I’ve ever done. Obscure parsing and tenuous references abound. Anyway with the help of regular contributors here I muddled through but before I submit my completed grid I have to seek help with parsing 10d ‘our ex PM right off the French - scrap’

I can only imagine ‘ tussle’ ( scrap as in a fight) and ‘the French’ = le ( the last two letters) but where on earth does ‘tuss’ relate to to our ex PM? I’m completely baffled! Any help greatly appreciated 😊
73 of 79  -   Report This Post

brendan

31st August 2026, 02:45
Liz T(r)USS minus the R/'right off'

I know, she served for such a short period it's easy to forget her.
74 of 79  -   Report This Post

mattrom

31st August 2026, 02:46
Walrusboy, 'Our ex PM' is TRUSS, minus the R (right off)
75 of 79  -   Report This Post

walrusboy63

31st August 2026, 02:53
Thanks Matron and Brendan ! Damned tough that one - I don’t believe Cyclops set that - just do have the usual ‘flair’ 👍
76 of 79  -   Report This Post

walrusboy63

31st August 2026, 02:57
Damn autocorrect- Mattrom ( sorry) and meant to say this puzzle didn’t have Cyclops’ usual flair!
77 of 79  -   Report This Post

pault

2nd September 2026, 21:40
Hints, fine, but there are quite a few posts here with solutions, before the competition closing date. Not sure that's in the spirit of a help forum.
78 of 79  -   Report This Post

malone

2nd September 2026, 22:16
PaulT, maybe you should have a look at the Site Administrator's Posting Guidelines,you may find those quite useful. Norah, the site administrator, updates them from time to time. I've 'Bumped' them this evening as I think this may be the latest version.
79 of 79  -   Report This Post