Got it. I did wonder how much of the UK centric news and satire you'd be famiiar with.
I think it's niche even for many UK residents.
I did actually visit their office in Soho, many years ago. I'd designed a gadget that allowed you to to point to a musical note and then, in a gap underneath, it would display a musical stave with the corresponding particular guitar frets. The problem was that it was basically just two circular discs with the top one able to be spin around so you could point to the notes. As such it couldn't be copyrighted (as the lawyer told me "you can't re-invent the wheel") so the best I could do was try and get a Trademark (MagicTab as I remember). The biggest problem though, was that personal computers were just becomimg popular and so it was out-of-date before it started.
Anyway, I was hawking it around all the music shops in Denmark Street and Soho and noticed the Private Eye office. On a whim I walked in and a couple of very nice ladies, probably seeing how tired and dejected I looked, invited me to sit down and asked how they could help. I said I'd always been a fan of the magazine, was a hard worker, good at proofreading and editing and thought I'd make a good journalist. I asked if they had any job vacancies. assuring them they wouldn't have to pay me much, at which point one of them walked walked over to a filing cabinet and opened one of the drawers. It was chock-full of files from 'real' journalists containing stories they were keen to have published but which their employers, for whatever reasons, were equally keen not to.
So, that's the story of how I came nowhere near working for Private Eye 😂