CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

gtonka

23rd August 2026, 10:22
Thankyou Raffles but I'm not my usual self, obviously. Any chance a second clue?
61 of 79  -   Report This Post

brendan

23rd August 2026, 12:23
Hi Gtonka,

Raffles may well come on here and correct me, but I think he's making a homophone of the B-52's song Private Idaho
62 of 79  -   Report This Post

rafflesthegt

23rd August 2026, 14:38
Bren, I think he may be looking for a bonus hint for 1a, and if so, Gtonka, whatever you’ve got sounds vile 😉
63 of 79  -   Report This Post

gtonka

23rd August 2026, 15:54
Oh you guys! I think I've seen it. Ta
64 of 79  -   Report This Post

rafflesthegt

23rd August 2026, 16:13
Gtonka 👍 if you’re a lady person, then my humble apologies
65 of 79  -   Report This Post

malone

23rd August 2026, 16:21
Rafflesthegt - a 'lady person'? Good grief!
66 of 79  -   Report This Post

brendan

24th August 2026, 13:53
Geeker @56

Thanks for the link and info on Across Lite - much appreciated:-)
67 of 79  -   Report This Post

jacanterbury

25th August 2026, 07:21
In Response to (brendan)
Got it. I did wonder how much of the UK centric news and satire you'd be famiiar with.

I think it's niche even for many UK residents.

I did actually visit their office in Soho, many years ago. I'd designed….

Great anecdote, thanks for sharing. If this was the R forum on stackoverflow the post would undoubtedly be deleted by one of the moderators for being off topic ( even though it’s not) but hopefully this forum’s equivalents are less power-crazed.
68 of 79  -   Report This Post

ceffi

25th August 2026, 19:50
Could anyone help, pretty please with sugar on top?
I'm stuck on the following.
Could you help me understand the clues & how the questions are phrased?

14 down
They could well be toxic, contemptible types and picks (10)
T?A?S???L?

19 across
Material of robe forced round arse (7) B?O?A?E

22 across
Quiet, extreme leftwinger's piece (5) S?R?D

24 across
Old Hollywood star's flipping tabloid stink (5) G?R??

Thankyou in advance.

69 of 79  -   Report This Post

ceffi

25th August 2026, 19:52
14 down should read "Contemptible types and pricks"
70 of 79  -   Report This Post