CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pauly

6th April 2024, 17:41
Agreed in terms of ease of completion but (as usual) a couple I'm struggling to parse - 5 + 19 - hints please.
31 of 49  -   Report This Post

pault

6th April 2024, 17:41
What a lot of humblebragging we have going on in this thread today. As someone else pointed out, just enjoy the wide range of puzzles we get from the Guardian, and the fact that inexperienced solvers sometimes get a prize puzzle they can enter for the prize draw.
32 of 49  -   Report This Post

chrise

6th April 2024, 17:45
pauly
read 5 upwards as 1,4,3
19 the key is in front of you!
33 of 49  -   Report This Post

jono

6th April 2024, 17:47
Hi Darla, are you on X? If so, @alanconnor.

34 of 49  -   Report This Post

darla

6th April 2024, 17:57
Thanks, jono, but I canceled my account when you know who bought it.
35 of 49  -   Report This Post

micky

6th April 2024, 18:14
Brendan, you might have found what you were looking for if you had noticed that, while you kept describing how you kept searching for "quick quiptic", everyone else was saying "quick cryptic".
36 of 49  -   Report This Post

micky

6th April 2024, 18:21
Geeker, the shift back to 7pm instead of 8 is because British daylight saving time (aka British summer time) has now started, 3 weeks later than in the USA.
37 of 49  -   Report This Post

brendan

6th April 2024, 18:54
Micky, it doesn't matter - neither is there in the headings.

My point was this: If Jono hadn't posted a link and if he hadn't told us that you can also find it under "blogs", then one can't access the puzzle as there is no "Quick Cryptic" heading - left to right they read, blog, quick, cryptic, (these are 2 separate headings), prize, weekend, quiptic, genius, everyman, azed - but no quick cryptic.

38 of 49  -   Report This Post

geeker

6th April 2024, 19:28
Thanks, micky. Lateness worked out well, since I'd rather someone else start the thread. 😉
39 of 49  -   Report This Post

jono

6th April 2024, 20:03
Darla, I understand. It’s a shame though because there is a fun crossword community on X which includes many of the Guardian compilers.
Poetry Twitter has also survived the rebrand.
I filter out the madness!
40 of 49  -   Report This Post