CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

dougalf

7th January 2024, 07:08
Well that was great. Been a while since I've done an Everyman. Even smoother than I remember, some great surfaces here. Only had to word search a few at the end to get it over the line so on the easier end of the spectrum? And now that I've worked out the last couple of parsings I'm admiring it even more.

How are others are getting on?
1 of 45  -   Report This Post

smudgekent

7th January 2024, 08:03
Fun crossword. I had to refresh my knowledge of medieval European history before I could fully parse.
2 of 45  -   Report This Post

yevrah

7th January 2024, 08:15
Enjoyed this week's a lot. No rhyming pair that I can see, no spoonerism, but a new style of primarily. Three made me smile in particular, 7d, 22d and 26a. Don't understand your comment smudgekent. Wishing you all good day.
3 of 45  -   Report This Post

ianwil

7th January 2024, 08:48
I suppose that the two long across answers have a bit of a link
4 of 45  -   Report This Post

cozza

7th January 2024, 09:06
10A has to be my absolute favourite. Very clever!
5 of 45  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

7th January 2024, 09:18
What a great crossword and so different to the usual Everyman.
Loved the humour.
6 of 45  -   Report This Post

jono

7th January 2024, 09:41
Good fun I thought. The two long answers are certainly intended to contrast. Curious that they both happen to be 15 letters, rather neat.

10a is somewhat related to the title of one of Alan Connor’s books which uses a clue by Rufus (hard to say more without a spoiler).
7 of 45  -   Report This Post

fitzrover

7th January 2024, 10:01
I agree - that was a lot of fun. In addition to the clues already mentioned, 8 got a rueful laugh from me when the penny finally dropped.

While I am fairly confident about my answers, I can't parse what is going on around the intersection of 12 and 19 (isn't there too much going on in 12 and what has syrup got to do with anything?)
8 of 45  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

7th January 2024, 10:03
@fitzrover
syrup (of figs) is cockney rhyming slang
9 of 45  -   Report This Post

jono

7th January 2024, 10:07
“I’m disgusted” is two letters and a sound you might make to express disgust…
10 of 45  -   Report This Post