CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

27th October 2023, 09:12
The clues...
Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer and details of any you already have. Any additional information or special instructions, common in Listener puzzles, should also be included.
Hints only, please, no answers.

The theme...
Help towards the theme may also be sought here. Helpers should provide a nudge, a pointer in the right direction - enough to help a struggling solver, not enough to spoil the puzzle for others. Any queries or replies which, even inadvertently, reveal too much of the theme are likely to be removed.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
PS This is very early as I will be away for the day.
1 of 60  -   Report This Post

drxx

27th October 2023, 20:14
Had to read the preamble very carefully to solve this one.
2 of 60  -   Report This Post

drxx

27th October 2023, 20:15
...and the clues!
3 of 60  -   Report This Post

h1982

27th October 2023, 22:53
Practically there! I want 17Dn to generate an R as a correction but cannot seem to do it… any help pls Drxx…?
4 of 60  -   Report This Post

drxx

27th October 2023, 23:13
Second word, h1982 - first 3 words are the def then an anagram.
5 of 60  -   Report This Post

cockie

28th October 2023, 12:16
Having difficulty with 39 - I know the misprint, but my brain won't process the corrected clue. Also can't find the second clash (unless it's in 39 of course). I can see the two things A did, but one of them is en clair, sans misprint. More head-scratching needed before I set out to change far too many clocks.
6 of 60  -   Report This Post

drxx

28th October 2023, 12:50
39 - remove the legal abbrev. from a 7 letter word for a ''huge, often bleak building'' (Chambers).
7 of 60  -   Report This Post

cockie

28th October 2023, 13:38
Ah! well and truly red-herringed by 24 then. All done now
8 of 60  -   Report This Post

gitto

28th October 2023, 14:54
I am struggling with this primarily because I only have seven of the ten adjusted words, but three of those are too short for the grid entry. My final message suggests that this is wrong?
9 of 60  -   Report This Post

drxx

28th October 2023, 15:12
You've still to find one answer that's too short for the entry space, gitto (and the penultimate word of the final message is important).
10 of 60  -   Report This Post