CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

drxx

1st November 2023, 09:38
I think you're right, quiz - but It's particularly hard to limit misprints to definitions, and a little leeway is to be expected (I think).

You'll have written out the alias, rickye - his usual is as you suspect...
51 of 60  -   Report This Post

rickye

1st November 2023, 10:41
Of course. Thanks!
52 of 60  -   Report This Post

triceratops

1st November 2023, 21:50
All finished! Very much enjoyed in spooky season.

One issue - putting in what one expects for 25a leaves a non real word in 17d… chambers wants to fill it with a D. Any ideas as to where I’ve gone wrong?
53 of 60  -   Report This Post

buddy

1st November 2023, 22:11
look up what you have in 17d, without the last letter, in Chambers
54 of 60  -   Report This Post

smithsax

2nd November 2023, 14:33
Quiz - while all wild birds are protected in the UK not all waders are birds. I guess you could say “protected” tightens the definition so it is appropriate in this clue.
55 of 60  -   Report This Post

eenk

2nd November 2023, 17:55
Have basically finished. Know the theme, resolve clashes and identified the location. But I cannot parse 17 down! Hints please. Also 2 letters short for the alias, an M and an S, I think.
56 of 60  -   Report This Post

candledave

2nd November 2023, 18:33
The correction is in the second word and “works” is an anagram indicator

Anywhere in the grid where you can see (or did see) an M and an S?
57 of 60  -   Report This Post

granama1

2nd November 2023, 20:38
As has been pointed out, the penultimate word in the corrections is important and may shed light on the missing letters.
58 of 60  -   Report This Post

eenk

2nd November 2023, 23:06
Thanks to both. All clear now.
59 of 60  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

4th November 2023, 21:41
Trying to fit this in around work on the new house (bedroom, part of the sitting room and the kitchen - apart from the cold tap and the boiler control system - now more or less functional) possibly made it seem harder than it really was. But once the theme was grasped it became more amenable to attention only in occasional ten minutes tea breaks. Cleverly done and I liked the symmetrical positioning of A’s principal modes of operation. Thank you, JFD.
60 of 60  -   Report This Post