CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

gitto

27th June 2022, 14:58
Thanks quisling, but I was rather hoping for a different answer!!!! Onwards towards defeat I fear.
111 of 216  -   Report This Post

quisling

27th June 2022, 15:11
Gitto, re the extra words, if you read posts 59, 51, 68 and 70 they might help explain what’s going on
112 of 216  -   Report This Post

quisling

27th June 2022, 15:12
Sorry, 61 not 51, typo
113 of 216  -   Report This Post

gitto

27th June 2022, 15:29
Thanks Quisling, but I have given up on this. The gridfill was tortuous but the preamble is definitely very unhelpful. The "graphically not physically" could mean anything and the survivor could be any number of letters ( at least 7+), additionally the use of characters twice is, I think, very misleading. After 3 days of torment, bring back the hare is what I say (and I truly believe that I would never say that).
114 of 216  -   Report This Post

useby

27th June 2022, 16:19
Having been busy on Saturday and most of Sunday, I began this last night with trepidation… rightly so. Too many variables to put it in my comfort zone. However, persevering and just done enough to identify ‘the work on question’. Having looked it up, it is also well outside my bailiwick… Ah well. Onwards with at least a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel (more likely to be an oncoming train by the sounds of other comments here)
115 of 216  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

27th June 2022, 16:26
Finally got a full grid in an afternoon session. I reckon that this was at least a six hour solve in all, much against my better judgement! When I finally managed to make sense of the work in question the bloody thing was staring down at me from the bookshelf. In view of previous comments I have no intention of beating myself up with the end-game. Feeling smug enough just having been able to complete the grid.
116 of 216  -   Report This Post

granama1

27th June 2022, 16:42
Pretty much the same situation as bobbyc here too. Full grid and complete message. Can see the destination, know who ends up there and their fate, can see the likely escapee.....and think I'll park it there. May pick it up again if at a loose end.
117 of 216  -   Report This Post

planks

27th June 2022, 17:49
I'm the same as you granama1. It will need to be a very rainy day and I'll have run out of things to do before I'll pick this up again.
118 of 216  -   Report This Post

crowdedmorning

27th June 2022, 20:41
One cell from a complete (initial) grid and I can’t seem to close it out. Any nudges on 38dn?

I do have some of the thematic material spotted in the grid but I’m very much dreading the final steps based on this thread…
119 of 216  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

27th June 2022, 20:46
Definition is the final word. Second word gains a letter. Bon chance!
120 of 216  -   Report This Post