CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kipstewart

19th June 2022, 12:34
Add me to the group of people who, once the theme was discovered, raced through that set of clues — and was amazed to discover that not everyone knew that particular ‘7’ and their works. It must be a generation thing, and the fact that growing up in Australia we were influenced by US culture as much as U.K. Anyway, enjoyed this one, for nostalgia’s sake.
91 of 98  -   Report This Post

jennaralissima

20th June 2022, 21:10
I'm looking forward to seeing the solution for this on 225 as there are several clues I cannot solve at all. However, with thanks to various posters here, I figured out the theme, but once I had done so, I abandoned it. I just found this to be one of the worst prize crosswords I've ever seen. I don't think that Google and Wikipedia should be the primary means of solving these crosswords.
Sometimes I can finish Paul but not always so I'm clearly not a top rank solver but I can live with that.
Incidentally, some of the 'hints' here (not all) are just as difficult to parse as the clues themselves. But that's OK, since it is a prize crossword, although of course it's easy for groups of solvers to work together online and all send in the solution.
92 of 98  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

20th June 2022, 22:22
Just post what clues you are having trouble with and we'll help you out, no need to wait for 225.
93 of 98  -   Report This Post

jennaralissima

20th June 2022, 23:58
Thank you for the generous offer, paradigmshifter, but I don't mind waiting as my irritation with this crossword really has caused me to abandon it.
94 of 98  -   Report This Post

jennaralissima

22nd June 2022, 23:04
OK, I've decided to give it another go...
Any clues to 27A?
I suppose this is another Wiki / Google look up thing, right?
Not what crosswords should be about if you ask me.
95 of 98  -   Report This Post

mattrom

22nd June 2022, 23:43
Yes, it's another look up (for me, anyway), referring to a music genre and memorabilia.
A + ME + anagram
96 of 98  -   Report This Post

jennaralissima

22nd June 2022, 23:52
Cool. Thanks!
97 of 98  -   Report This Post

jennaralissima

23rd June 2022, 00:00
This crossword is such a weird mix of the obvious and the impossible.
Lock him up!
98 of 98  -   Report This Post