CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paradigmshifter

18th June 2022, 20:36
24A: "Some kind" and "Denim's OK" are ____s of each other
17A: 3 letter "contains" + (3 letter witch containing first letter of Text)
81 of 98  -   Report This Post

roof

18th June 2022, 20:38
Thanks Jazzgirl and PDM

I've filled it in, but don't see why it is right, even with PDM's explanation.

No, I haven't got 7d . I've just seen what you mean about 10ac. This was one of my possible answers, which you have now explained.

I have ?O?T?R for 7d and have reached the stage where I don't care.

The rain has returned and my husband has set up the new weather station that replaced the broken one, so I can tell you we've had 9mm in the last hour. Good news. Tomorrow I hope to change it to mm/day.

Many thanks to everyone who has posted today. I'm now off to settle down for Montalbano. I know it is a repeat. What will we do on Saturday evenings when BBC 4 disappears off our television screens.
82 of 98  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

18th June 2022, 20:40
7D: What was the children's author's "title"? He didn't use his first name...
83 of 98  -   Report This Post

dhope

18th June 2022, 20:52
Doh thanks pdm so obvious now!

84 of 98  -   Report This Post

geeker

19th June 2022, 10:16
bump
85 of 98  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th June 2022, 10:42
bump
86 of 98  -   Report This Post

freddycat

19th June 2022, 10:48
Please accept my apologies for contravening the rules by beginning a duplicate thread, put it down to unfamiliarity, now I know I will adhere to them.
As for my original reply:

I kept looking at the last two words of 1d, - could it be "I say"?, ""I can"?, "O The"? etc etc, then it clicked into place. In the '70s I worked in a library technical services department, and we handled a lot of his books, so the rest of the theme was relatively easy. I remember my boss complaining "my children can't tell what kind of animals they're supposed to be".

Only one I have left is 17d (Geronimo for instance eaten by lions), I have h-r-/ g-e-, any hints appreciated.
87 of 98  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

19th June 2022, 10:53
hi freddycat
Chrise gave a hint in post 43 as follows:

It's an alternative for what a parachuter might shout
88 of 98  -   Report This Post

malone

19th June 2022, 10:55
Hi, Freddycat, and welcome. I'm sure you'll find your way around the Forum.

The 'Geronimo' in the clue is a rallying cry, like Attaboy! There's the usual 'for instance' inside a very common word for 'lions' (people).
89 of 98  -   Report This Post

freddycat

19th June 2022, 11:19
Many thanks malone and jazzgirl, all is clear now.
90 of 98  -   Report This Post