CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

useby

19th June 2022, 08:01
What an unusual thing to have a word for! I can’t ever imagine using it daily conversation. The outer ring provided the biggest PDM for me, and accelerated progress no end.
I would have finished earlier had I not repeatedly tried to use the wrong inner ring letter in a few of the clues (27 I’m looking at you!)
A very pleasant puzzle (especially after last week) and so thank you ‘The Ace of Hearts’.
41 of 64  -   Report This Post

crowdedmorning

19th June 2022, 09:52
Thanks Brendan—I had all of that except my “twice” was two letters which ALMOST worked!

Big PDM moment for me was a suspicion about the inner ring, closely followed by the ring entry that is defined, which reinforced each other and led to being able to fill out all of the missing letters—everything quickly fell into place then. Very amused by the degree to which Chambers was adhered to at a key moment, felt like a bit of a cheeky comment on how one must solve Listener puzzles!
42 of 64  -   Report This Post

crowdedmorning

19th June 2022, 09:54
Oops, forgive that “PDM moment” moment… (I only learned that terminology the other week after seeing used on this forum several times!)
43 of 64  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

19th June 2022, 12:43
Enjoyed this. Somewhat easier than tAoH's usual circulars I think because all the radials start / finish at the edge, as apposed to his usual trick of starting them anywhere, which makes it much trickier.

44 of 64  -   Report This Post

lumen

19th June 2022, 16:41
I just have one segment left to crack, round about 4.00 on the clock appropriately. (The only ring solution I haven't got is 40.)
I tip for 14 fieldwork one would be great!
45 of 64  -   Report This Post

malone

19th June 2022, 17:07
Lumen, 14 was a new word for me. The usual Washington contains the amended next word and then add the usual editor.
46 of 64  -   Report This Post

lumen

19th June 2022, 17:19
Thanks malone. I am complete now. That was a good puzzle.
I certainly didn't know the word at 14, or indeed the word I now have at 40! Nice to learn.
47 of 64  -   Report This Post

malone

19th June 2022, 17:27
You're welcome, Lumen. Yes, it was a good, fairly straightforward puzzle.
48 of 64  -   Report This Post

furrowedbrow

19th June 2022, 22:31
I agree with everyone about the puzzle…. But having trouble with 33. Know the missing letter though not sure where to leave it out to get a feel for the actual clue. Any subtle hint appreciated.
49 of 64  -   Report This Post

will37

19th June 2022, 23:03
Leave the letter out on its second appearance. Hope this helps.
50 of 64  -   Report This Post