CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paradigmshifter

7th May 2022, 19:56
In fact you have to parse all of 10A backwards.

Just been asked to identify all pictures with tractors again, lol.
41 of 59  -   Report This Post

roof

7th May 2022, 20:07
Many thanks again PS and Brendan.

Got it! It took me ages to get the anagram as I had so few crossers, but once I got the H in 12ac I was able to decide which words formed the anagram and work through all possible words that included the letters I had and I got 7d. Then it was a mere moment to getting 8d. After that I was able to get 5ac, 6d and finally 10 ac. Actually that wasn't finally. Many thanks for the more detailed clue for the pig in 4d. I'm still not sure where the "go quietly" came in.

Then I remembered that doctor means anagrind which explained the only answer for 5d. My husband is serving up dinner, so I can eat in peace
42 of 59  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

7th May 2022, 20:12
Go is the first three letters of 4D, followed by the musical abbreviation for "quietly" + 1 letter American.
43 of 59  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

7th May 2022, 20:24
"Go" as in "get up and go" but I notice my "get up and go" has kind of "got up and gone" more recently ;)

I'd more associate the first 3 letters of 4D with talk or pills though.
44 of 59  -   Report This Post

twoshortplanks

7th May 2022, 21:23
Could anyone help with 6D? I don't think anybody else has asked about this so I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious. It's my LOI so I have both crossers but still can't see it...
45 of 59  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

7th May 2022, 21:27
It's a reverse hidden and "raised" is a bit misleading since it's the present tense.
46 of 59  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th May 2022, 21:28
Hi TSP,

6d - Is a hidden 'raised' - definition is "rebel" as a verb.
47 of 59  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

7th May 2022, 21:28
Ok so now I have parsed it correctly lol. Rebel is the definition and raised is the reverse indicator ;)
48 of 59  -   Report This Post

twoshortplanks

7th May 2022, 21:33
Thanks both! I'm now kicking myself - I'd thought of that answer, with rebel as verb, but couldn't see that it was simply a hidden. I think 'division' threw me.
49 of 59  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th May 2022, 21:38
Thanks TSP, I had the same trouble and took an age to see what was literally written in front of me:-)
50 of 59  -   Report This Post