CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

anyotherbizniz

7th May 2022, 18:30
Doh!
and = one
31 of 59  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

7th May 2022, 18:31
It's not AND ;) I think that was probably a typo though
32 of 59  -   Report This Post

anyotherbizniz

7th May 2022, 18:34
And the last two are in! Although 27a is a new word for me.
Time to cook dinner.
33 of 59  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

7th May 2022, 18:42
I don't think my former colleague would agree with the "savage" part of the clue, he was named after the most famous example of one, and it's a really popular name in his country apparently. I think his namesake was fairly savage though, mainly because of all the rapey pillagey stuff.
34 of 59  -   Report This Post

roof

7th May 2022, 19:08
HI PS and Brendan

I'll have a go at the anagram for 8,7. Meanwhile your explanations for 16d and 13d have confirmed the words I thought. I've googled the words that fitted 27ac and think I've got it. And I've found the alliance in 24d. So just that NE corner . I know what an Amercan pig is now, but I still haven't got the answer. I probably need 10ac, which I haven't got.

I've broken out the wine, my husband is cooking dinner, so I'll have another go at the anagram which isn't solved in my anagram solver!
35 of 59  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

7th May 2022, 19:14
It's not an american pig (pig like animal, which I was thinking at first), although I only had that problem because I had the wrong 2nd word for 1A. If you have 11 you should have the correct last letter though?
36 of 59  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th May 2022, 19:19
Roof,

8,7 - look at all the meanings of the first word in 21,22 and that will help.

Enjoy your wine:-)
37 of 59  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

7th May 2022, 19:21
(it's a British female pig and Boris was raving about her world in one of his nonsense on stilts-a-thons fairly recently, but that's drugs and booze for you I expect, he's trying his best, bless)
38 of 59  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

7th May 2022, 19:35
It took me a few minutes to parse 27 after using a thesaurus to find the answer, it's an anagram (to work) of a 2 letter abbreviation + another word in the clue missing a letter (which is an abbreviation for "about").
39 of 59  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

7th May 2022, 19:53
Just seen that you haven't got 10A yet either. It's the correct term for a certain country's national, the short version being racist and all that. There's a 4 letter deer (again, I'd never heard of it) backwards in the answer.
40 of 59  -   Report This Post