CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

juniorbee

13th March 2022, 09:14
Thanks, that confirms my solution for 21d.

And I have 24a, thanks to you, assuming rank is part of the word play and not the definition.
41 of 45  -   Report This Post

derbs52

13th March 2022, 09:38
Hi and thanks to all previous posters. I have completed, early for me, and I agree that some of the clues were a little too easy but no doubt they help those of us who are new to these. I especially liked 7d and it brought a smile when I worked out the parsing. Also 9d, 8d and 21d amusd me. However I am still not happy with parsing for 13a and 24a. Any hints please?
42 of 45  -   Report This Post

micky

13th March 2022, 09:40
I didn't start this until very late, because the newsagent didn't deliver the Guardian for some reason, and by the time I got hold of one I had to go out. However, when I did start, I finished it remarkably quickly. I found it unusually easy for Paul, and was surprised to see others have the opposite experience. The only thing I couldn't figure out was where the second letter of 9d comes from, but someone on this forum cleared that up.
43 of 45  -   Report This Post

hotelwhiskey7

13th March 2022, 10:13
24 - definition is ship. Chambers has the word meaning three kinds of boat, none of which is a ship, but setter’s licence applies.

13 is DD (begrieved/conquer)
44 of 45  -   Report This Post

derbs52

13th March 2022, 10:20
Cheers and DOH!
45 of 45  -   Report This Post