CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

12th March 2022, 19:46
Hi Minno,

26a - Single letter "one" + 3 letter anagram/abandoned + single letter "good" + 5 letter "meeting" - definition is "on the whole"?
31 of 45  -   Report This Post

minno

12th March 2022, 19:48
Rocky7. Were you thinking short of breath? I did.
32 of 45  -   Report This Post

rocky7

12th March 2022, 19:48
Thanks Brendan. Not a word I know so I needed that.

Think 11a once I got it right was my COD and 10,1 FOI.
But I'm not sure this puzzle is really floating my boat.
33 of 45  -   Report This Post

minno

12th March 2022, 19:53
Thanks Brendan. I was like a squirrel scraping for three nuts at once and finding none.
34 of 45  -   Report This Post

roof

12th March 2022, 20:12
I just joined the Forum as I've only just got in from a day at Budleigh Salterton Spring one day literary festival (four excellent speakers). Just in case you were wondering where I was Brendan. I did manage to start the crossword in between gigs, but not done many yet. The hard pews of the church aren't conducive. I'll work at it a bit more today. So I may not finish until tomorrow.

I've not read the thread yet as I like to see how far I can get without hints.

Yes, once again I'll be back.
35 of 45  -   Report This Post

rocky7

12th March 2022, 20:35
Hi Roof

Being quite local to there that sounds interesting. I never even knew it was on. Think you'll find most of this fairly straightforward. But some tricky ones thrown in there.
36 of 45  -   Report This Post

teewens

12th March 2022, 22:19
Thanks Chrise. Much appreciated. Just back from pub / restaurant / pub with kids & grandkids as it's wife's 73rd. All done now.
37 of 45  -   Report This Post

roof

13th March 2022, 00:38
Hi Rocky7
It's a new follow up to the longer event in summer. Google Budleigh Salterton Literary Festival and you can get on the mailing list. It is called budlitfest.org.uk and this summer's events will be 14-18 September.

Back to the crossword. I was about to give up at midnight and go to bed as my eyes are very gritty, when I got on a roll. I have finished all bar two - 21d and 24ac, which I expect to get soon, but it will have to wait until morning as I'm too tired.

Thanks for all the hints. I do like a Paul crossword. They always leave me stumped at first, then I get on Paul's wavelength and they fall into place. My FOI was 28ac and myCOI is 11ac and 8d.
38 of 45  -   Report This Post

juniorbee

13th March 2022, 08:53
Coincidentally I am also stuck on 21d and 24a.

Any subtle hints would be welcome. I have a solution for 21d which parses (sort of) bit am far from convinced by it.
39 of 45  -   Report This Post

hotelwhiskey7

13th March 2022, 09:03
Rank is adj not noun; absolute.

Training equipment not for people, or even animals.

HTH.
40 of 45  -   Report This Post