CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paradigmshifter

2nd October 2021, 23:36
23 and 24 down were my hints that something was up and I had to look at the first post in the forum to find the special instruction which I had completely missed.

Got interesting after that, I liked it (but had to cheat with solvers a bit tbh).
81 of 88  -   Report This Post

jvector

2nd October 2021, 23:39
The ones that stick in my (rather hazy) memory are 'Sonic Attack' and Master of the Universe

Happy memories... :-)

82 of 88  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

2nd October 2021, 23:43
Sonic Attack as read by Brian Blessed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8pGS4cWbHo

Michael Moorcock wrote that one I think. It's a shame there'll never be an Elric game/movie now because The Witcher ripped it off and is more popular :(

Master of the Universe is better with Huw on guitar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpyTdgpgPRo

Also featuring Michael Moorcock at that gig
83 of 88  -   Report This Post

anyotherbizniz

3rd October 2021, 03:45
Doh!
After hours I've had a PDM on 6D. I thought the hidden was "tins" as in Warhol's tins of Bachelor's soup. Couldn't make it fit with what I was sure was the right answer for 10A. Finally saw the right answer, 5A now makes sense, and am all done.
Thanks all who post here for some really helpful hints.
84 of 88  -   Report This Post

havermonkey

3rd October 2021, 10:37
This has come in fits and starts but nearly there, just last few bottom left. I have 27a as a pair clue, trying to get the original from an anagram of two single letters and a word without o. Definition first three letters. Am I on the right track please??
85 of 88  -   Report This Post

havermonkey

3rd October 2021, 10:40
If anyone's still here! 🙂
86 of 88  -   Report This Post

jono

3rd October 2021, 11:10
Close, you need the first four words in the clue -O for the fodder
87 of 88  -   Report This Post

havermonkey

3rd October 2021, 12:01
Got it thanks! Was trying anagram including source without the o and getting nowhere.
88 of 88  -   Report This Post