CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

4th September 2021, 18:06
Hi roof
When we went to Guernsey, we had trips to Sark and Herm. Herm had lots of Echiums, and they all had bends about half way up, as they had had an unexpected frost.
Sark was famous for the only car being a Rolls belonging to the Dame (now deceased). However what no-one tells you in advance is that everyone else drives tractor, and the lanes (which we rode on hired bikes) were thick with dust.
51 of 81  -   Report This Post

chrise

4th September 2021, 18:07
paradigmshifter
Surely, after all your crossword solving, you know all your muses?
52 of 81  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

4th September 2021, 18:11
Nope, if it's not Greek from mathematics, D&D or Clash of the Titans or Ray Harryhausen films I have to wikipedia it :)
53 of 81  -   Report This Post

roof

4th September 2021, 18:39
Hi PS

I too had to look up Terpsichorean.

Chrise, I had a lovely holiday on Guernsey too. My main memory was walking along the beach on Herm so we could avoid the tractors. At one stage we were doing Islands.

Brendan, Thanks for your hints I'd already got 16d and had a chuckle, I've just got one left now. which is 5d. Is the definition a drawer (artist)? I have C?A?L?, but I'm not sure of the L from 12 across as I can't parse all of it. So a hint for 5d please and if my L is wrong a hint for 12ac

PS I manage to grow Echiums here in Devon now.
54 of 81  -   Report This Post

rossim

4th September 2021, 18:40
Thanks Chris @47
We have different friends on two of the islands and started going there in 1970. It has changed a lot since those days when we used to camp.
I have been busy recently, taking advantage of having family to visit, the first time since Dec 2019. I’d forgotten how exhausting young children can be but have loved every second.
55 of 81  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

4th September 2021, 18:43
Roof, the L in 5D is not correct.
56 of 81  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

4th September 2021, 18:45
12A you'd probably say "well, that sucked" afterwards.
57 of 81  -   Report This Post

brendan

4th September 2021, 18:49
Thanks Roof,

5d - Is a 3 letter "boy" (name) inside 3 letter "fleece" - definition is "child's drawer" as in what a child might draw with. - your L is wrong

12a - anagram/"messy" of "ever" inside "balaclava, say" - definition is "cleaned up" (as you might do around the house)
58 of 81  -   Report This Post

chrisxxxx

4th September 2021, 19:06
Clemence teh keeper was once a lad
59 of 81  -   Report This Post

roof

4th September 2021, 19:27
Thanks Brendan and everyone on the forum

I have finished now, though I was sad that helmeted was wrong for 12ac.

This crossword has been a real pleasure after last weekend's torture and wasn't too difficult for a Paul.

I've even managed to finish my ironing and can start my packing for my short trip north next week.

Don't despair, I will be back for next weeks crossword.
60 of 81  -   Report This Post