CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

geeker

31st July 2021, 21:47
Joke of the week nominee: paradigmshifter @#68.
71 of 76  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

31st July 2021, 22:27
I think my FENG SHUI ("It looked like they put it in the wrong place to me") joke was better.
72 of 76  -   Report This Post

roof

31st July 2021, 23:07
Hi Geeker

Thanks for pointing to the anagram. I had actually thought of this answer, but forgot to look it up to check it.

I've got 20d as well thanks to another thread.
73 of 76  -   Report This Post

geeker

31st July 2021, 23:17
Risking a spoiler to an unspecified clue...I vaguely recall Leo Sayer (even his appearance), who had one big US hit. There is a M. Gladwell resemblance.
74 of 76  -   Report This Post

roof

31st July 2021, 23:19
Thanks Geeker and PS

I, too, studied statistics in the dim and distant past, so this term for maverick was familiar to me. I should clarify that I saw the group in question in 1964 or 1965 in the now infamous Colston Hall, which makes me over 70. No wonder, I need all the help I can get! I also got the writer, so I've finished.

Thanks to everyone for the help. I used to be able to finish these puzzles on my own.

Montelbano was good. No doubt I'll be back next week asking for help.
75 of 76  -   Report This Post

rocky7

1st August 2021, 12:01
Came to this late on account of being stuck on the M5 for 6 hours yesterday. Thought this was a really good puzzle. Really well put together and some really great clues that fitted nicely all together.

Took me ages to get the SE corner because I had two letters the wrong way round in 28a.

But in the end my COD was 21d. LOI 30a.

But thanks to Picaroon for a really really good puzzle.

76 of 76  -   Report This Post