CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

slothrop

18th April 2021, 08:31
Hello,

This is my first post on the forums. I've just got into Cryptics and still learning how to read the clues. I found the hints on here really useful without being overly spoilery. Thanks for that. Although i'm not going to be able to complete this one, is anyone able to give me a hint on 24a. I really want to know that one!

I have the letter from 14d (Thanks to my clever wife)

Thanks.
81 of 87  -   Report This Post

chrise

18th April 2021, 08:34
Welcome slothrop - glad you are finding the forum useful!

24 2 letter word for "live" (or "exist") inside a word for "childhood", missing the last letter. Definition "enthusiastic agreement".
82 of 87  -   Report This Post

slothrop

18th April 2021, 08:49
Thanks Chrise. That's really helpful. The forum is a great space to learn!
83 of 87  -   Report This Post

luko

18th April 2021, 10:27
Many thanks to (setter) Brendan for a real gem, demonstrated but the comment that 22A would qualify as COD on many other days. Thanks also, of course, to all the chatters here who helped me complete this on my lie-in after struggling on and off through yesterday. I love a theme but was slow to spot how well 13 tied everything together.
84 of 87  -   Report This Post

anyotherbizniz

18th April 2021, 10:49
Gosh. Too many wurzles on here. (Says the boy brought up in Torquay, who also lived as a young child in Barnstaple and Chivenor.)

I'm always late to the show here as I don't usually start until later on Saturday, normally after the West Ham match so am often in a bad mood. But less so this year with the Irons and the Gulls both flying.

This forum is always a great help so thanks to all posters.
85 of 87  -   Report This Post

jaffra

18th April 2021, 23:38
I have been doing the Guardian crossword for over 50 years, but my old brain is finding it very difficult these days. I started well with this one on Saturday morning, but came to a full stop. Returning from time to time during Saturday and Sunday, I made very little progress until, latish on Sunday, when I resorted to the Forum. With its help - many thanks to everyone - I finished it, and having done so I finally understood the theme. Very clever. And that is the main reason for writing: did anyone else notice the recent weekday one, also by Brendan, where every clue was themed? I don't remember even Araucaria achieving that.
86 of 87  -   Report This Post

luko

19th April 2021, 01:00
Is that the puzzle of many parts, a whole month so? Yes, it was excellent
87 of 87  -   Report This Post