CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tonystock

7th March 2021, 09:07
Haha no problem Brendan I usually struggle anyway but that’s what makes them enjoyable when you complete it :-)
71 of 84  -   Report This Post

roundy1988

7th March 2021, 12:01
Hi guys,

I do the crossword every Sunday AM with my Dad (via Zoom) - we've found it a great way to stay connected during lockdown and also keep the brain engaged.

I discovered this forum the other week - I have to say it's absolutely brilliant. Really great getting clues to the tricky ones rather than just looking up the answer - so thank you all!

We both thought this week's was the best one we've seen - tricky in places but really fun and genuinely witty. Hope we get a few more from Picaroon!
72 of 84  -   Report This Post

jono

7th March 2021, 12:08
Hi Roundy1988,
That’s a great way to stay connected, I do the same with some of my family. We’ve been getting two prize puzzles each month from Picaroon recently so I’m sure we can expect more. He also sets for the Listener as Lavatch I believe though not so much recently.
73 of 84  -   Report This Post

doglover

7th March 2021, 15:47
Possibly last to the party but I needed several stabs at this. So, not straightforward for me and pleased to have parsed clues and constructed correct answers for some of the more uncommon words (e.g. 8, 10, 13, 15). Could not for the life of me see 3 though so many thanks for the hints on the forum. Also useful to confirm that I had 4 correct despite the initial problem with the clue...... As a one time teacher I loved 5, but 26 gave me the most pleasure when I finally saw the answer. I always use the paper copy - simply can’t complete a crossword without a pencil in hand and the ability to scribble and doodle!
74 of 84  -   Report This Post

geeker

7th March 2021, 20:52
roundy1988: Picaroon's been setting for the Independent recently, under the name of Rodriguez. Perhaps also for the FT as Buccaneer, but I haven't visited the FT site for a long while and can't vouch for that.
75 of 84  -   Report This Post

geeker

7th March 2021, 20:59
Indeed, 225 verifies that Picaroon recently began appearing as Buccaneer in the FT. So far twice, at the beginning of Feb. and Mar.
76 of 84  -   Report This Post

jono

7th March 2021, 21:11
Thanks Geeker, good to know.
77 of 84  -   Report This Post

barryc

8th March 2021, 13:03
Hello - anybody there?
I only started this today and am seriously struggling, despite all the wonderful help in this forum.
Some great clues, but I'm only 50 or 60% done.
I won't ask for specific help unless someone's there.
Thanks, anyway for all the help so far.
78 of 84  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th March 2021, 13:38
hi barryc
i'm here!
79 of 84  -   Report This Post

barryc

8th March 2021, 13:40
Ha! Just finished finally. The forum was sooo much help.
Thanks all
80 of 84  -   Report This Post