CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jogamel

26th December 2020, 19:00
Boxing Day puzzle is more Foxing Day puzzle. Can anyone start me off. I have done a few clues but maybe 1 and 1/5 would set the wheels in motion. Perhaps.
1.humming more of Beethovens Ninth? Not so sure (7)
1/5 filaments joining wings as fuel ran out (7)
I did say Perhaps...
1 of 79  -   Report This Post

pentlandsound

26th December 2020, 19:07
1 is a slang comparative adjective, defn is first two words.
1/5 is a Latin plural formed by an anagram.

I'm about two-thirds of the way there with this puzzle, but really struggling with the bit between 9 and 16 where most of the clashes are!
2 of 79  -   Report This Post

eraserman

26th December 2020, 19:20
Hi Jogamel. What a tangle this is! I'm also finding it a struggle, but have these. 1. humming in the olfactory sense, Beethoven's niNth, followed by comparative of uncertainty. 1/5. Anagram of fuel ran, a linking bit of anatomy, usually of a 'personal' nature.
3 of 79  -   Report This Post

eraserman

26th December 2020, 19:28
Sorry pentlandsound, paths crossing... I'm also struggling with the left side thread from 9 to 19 , but have filled in 10 thru 18.
4 of 79  -   Report This Post

luftmensch

26th December 2020, 19:33
We are self-isolating again, so I would be grateful if someone could post a copy of today's Inquisitor.
5 of 79  -   Report This Post

luftmensch

26th December 2020, 19:35
We are self-isolating again, so I would be grateful if someone could post a copy of today's Inquisitor.
6 of 79  -   Report This Post

loge

26th December 2020, 20:05
It’s a swine of a puzzle. I’m still not sure I have quite resolved the clashes correctly, but after spending ages counting letters round the paths before finally getting there, my will to live has been fully sapped and I’m not too bothered. The payoff was a nice one for me (as my username may suggest) but did we really need clashes and so many cycled entries in what is already an excellent piece of construction?
7 of 79  -   Report This Post

jogamel

26th December 2020, 21:27
Thank you for your help. I’m giving up for today anyway.
Has anyone answered luftmensch? I can’t I’m afraid.
8 of 79  -   Report This Post

loge

26th December 2020, 22:09
I don’t have Dropbox or anything like that, but if Luftmensch can post a suitably disguised email address (to comply with site rules), I’ll send a copy. It will be tomorrow now as I’m off to bed.
9 of 79  -   Report This Post

luftmensch

26th December 2020, 23:09
Thank you, Loge (or anyone else who can help). I am iq(AT)luftmensch.msk.sh
10 of 79  -   Report This Post