CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mathi

22nd November 2020, 12:05
23a: it is in Bangaladesh.
20d: Use J for judge, and minus n for knight.
41 of 61  -   Report This Post

mob

22nd November 2020, 12:13
Thanks Mathi. All sorted now.
42 of 61  -   Report This Post

yevrah

22nd November 2020, 12:47
Wow. That i did not find at all straightforward. FOI that 5A primarily. LOI 26A because I was just not seeing them today. Now I've finished with A LOT OF HELP FROM THESE POSTS they seem so much easier than I found them at first. Thanks all. COD 18A and 15D. And no need to say COYS today top of the league for at least a day. And it's sunny. Hope all OK with you all. Thanks for the hints.
43 of 61  -   Report This Post

lucygordon

22nd November 2020, 13:25
It was a good mix for me today of straightforward and really knotty. LOI 1d and needed the hints from here to get it. I forget sometimes to find the generic word and try to find an individual. And even though this has been explained several times I am still stuck on parsing 6d though I know I have the correct answer from other posts. Is the homophone for a word that sounds made up? In another context you might say something about a cat (random example) is a bit catsy!!??
Going back to yesterday's prize now to see if I can get a bit further with it...
44 of 61  -   Report This Post

chrise

22nd November 2020, 13:30
in 6d, split the syllables 3,2 rather than 4,1
45 of 61  -   Report This Post

fop

22nd November 2020, 14:24
I found this to be a monster. Was tempted leave it as DNF and wait for 225. After a lot of help here I persevered. Puzzle's saving grace is long rhyming pair of antonyms
46 of 61  -   Report This Post

jono

22nd November 2020, 14:33
Fop, yes indeed, and I did wonder if the synonyms at 1d and 20 were perhaps intended?
47 of 61  -   Report This Post

tonystock

22nd November 2020, 15:39
Jono they sound linked...how about a link between 1a and 5a ? V for vino ? and 12a and 13a ? May be some others. Good Crossword , sill not convinced about 6d parse and couldn't fully parse 25a but all in :-)
48 of 61  -   Report This Post

femmenoire

22nd November 2020, 18:48
So it seems that I am not alone in my difficulty with 6d. I have read what amounts to maybe 16(? No I haven’t counted...) posts on this forum about the enigmatic 6d. There are questions and hints and ponderings galore about this (scandalous? ) answer, but I am still non the wiser.

My emotions have gone from frustration to intrigue to hilarity. It’s great to know that I am not alone in my ineptitude in solving 6d. I will now let it rest in peace and simply look at the answer when the solution to this crossword is published...

I love this forum! All the best to you all and stay safe
49 of 61  -   Report This Post

lucygordon

22nd November 2020, 19:30
Thanks Chris, I think I get it now!
50 of 61  -   Report This Post