CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

silverfox

27th September 2020, 17:07
As usual that was a slog and only solved finally thanks to the clues provided by those helpful types on here. My last one was 5dn, which I just could not see despite several people saying it was hidden. I think I wasn't expecting that kind of art. I liked 1ac, which was my first in but 13dn was amusing, too. thanks again to the old hands for their help.
51 of 52  -   Report This Post

femmenoire

27th September 2020, 20:18
Thanks for the hints everyone. I couldn’t have completed this one without your help.

It was fun to learn a few new words along the way, and I really like the tight logic of (most of..) the clues. I will look out for more of Picaroon’s work. I am interested in science, so his knowledge base fits well with mine.

I agree Chrise that “knocked back” for 21d would be more appropriate for an across clue.

I think 16d is more than a straight anagram, more of an envelope/anagram combination, because four letters are switched around and put inside the others that are also jumbled up.

27a was LOI. I thought there was only one word that could fit, but that was a blind alley. Again, happy to learn a new word
52 of 52  -   Report This Post