CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

deliquium

25th August 2020, 13:19
Thank you chrise, I wasn't seeing 'ducks' in the correct light!
61 of 65  -   Report This Post

williamseal

25th August 2020, 19:53
Since this forum attracts those with an interest in words.
One of my pups is Hywel - I had a happy time at Hywel Dda School in my native Welsh sandbank. My other pup is Owen.
Now...
The English surname Powell is derived from Welsh ap Hywel (son of Hywel). 'Bowen' is derived from ap Owen (and 'Preece' ap Rhys, 'Bevan' ap Evan etc...)

Nice not to have to ask for help in finishing a puzzle. It was straightforward but I do like a theme.
62 of 65  -   Report This Post

williamseal

25th August 2020, 19:56
This is of course relates to post 29
63 of 65  -   Report This Post

brendan

25th August 2020, 20:39
Hi Williamseal,

That's interesting stuff, I remember seeing a fridge magnet, years ago, with a supposed translation or derivation of my name - "dweller on the hill", but I really don't think that's correct.

I don't know if you did the previous week's crossword by Paul, it had a "mediterranean islands" theme - it was difficult but a lot of fun. I don't know much about his style, other than what I read on here, but it seems 24a was a "Pauline" type clue.....

24a Old African leader getting wee cut from circular instrument (5)

Doniol iawn 😉
64 of 65  -   Report This Post

williamseal

26th August 2020, 09:42
Greetings Brendan

Thank you for drawing this excellent clue to my attention and thanks also for your setting.

65 of 65  -   Report This Post