CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

drxx

28th June 2020, 17:38
If you have the name for the unclued entry, there's a particular number associated with his work - this dictates the number of letters to change for each entry (always the same number but different letters each time - the letters are consecutive and not random... even though they might appear to be).
11 of 57  -   Report This Post

drxx

28th June 2020, 17:42
...the replacements are all real words - and there's a thematic equivalence, although that is stretching things a bit.

I should say, I enjoyed this puzzle very much, and it feels like a new idea... but my memory isn't great.
12 of 57  -   Report This Post

xwordfan

28th June 2020, 18:11
drxx...thanks for the useful hints on this one ....is it something to do with his Quartet? Can't see how it relates though..will leave it for a while and come back later hopefully with a fresh view!
13 of 57  -   Report This Post

drxx

28th June 2020, 18:25
once you see how many letters are changed each time you'll have your answer, xwordfan (and you'll be exchanging parts of a ... from one artform for parts of a ... from a different artform).
14 of 57  -   Report This Post

novice

28th June 2020, 20:46
I’m still baffled as to the last step.

I have E???? And I can see it’s swapped to H???? In a different art form.

I have different amounts of letters that seem to flash and it just looks like gibberish?

A bigger nudge would be really helpful please.
15 of 57  -   Report This Post

novice

28th June 2020, 20:47
Sorry clash not flash!
16 of 57  -   Report This Post

drxx

28th June 2020, 21:16
novice - look at the individual titles for the E set - and look for matching sequences of letters (matching the letters that are clashing in the answers).
Then look at the short names within the H sets that fit into the gaps.

You're replacing pieces of one group of ...s with pieces from another group of ...s
17 of 57  -   Report This Post

drxx

28th June 2020, 21:22
...and it's always the same small number for each change - I was tempted by a slightly longer possibility in an entry that had no clashes but that was a mistake (one of the answers to be changed is much shorter than the others, it has only 1 of its original letters left after the swap).
18 of 57  -   Report This Post

novice

28th June 2020, 21:23
Thanks very much!
19 of 57  -   Report This Post

son1ofrover1

29th June 2020, 09:37
Are the replacements real words, as opposed to 'extracts'? I ask because 2 - both of which are animals - appear in the LH column and bottom row.
20 of 57  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1441